Cannot spawn cl.exe ????
Author Message
 Cannot spawn cl.exe ????

In the Start Menu, perform a Find in Files for CL.EXE.  Make sure that it is
installed on the machine and note the directory it is installed in.  Then
go
to the Tools menu in Visual C++, click Options, and then click the
Directories
tab.  Under "Show Directories For" select Executables.  Make sure that the
path to CL.EXE on the machine matches one of the paths under this
Executables
category.  If not, add this path to the list.  If CL.EXE does not exist at
all, something might be seriously wrong.  Consider
reinstalling Visual C++, or copy CL.EXE from the CD to the VC Bin directory.

Sun, 18 Jan 2004 04:19:52 GMT
 Cannot spawn cl.exe ????
I've found this happens if cl.exe somehow doesn't terminate properly on the
most recent build (I had a {*filter*} of a time with this while using VC over a
file server). Use ctrl+alt+del to show your task list, and close down any
instances of cl.exe that you find. Otherwise, you'll have to exit Visual
Studio and re-launch.

Hope that helps.

Neil B

Quote:
> In the Start Menu, perform a Find in Files for CL.EXE.  Make sure that it
is
> installed on the machine and note the directory it is installed in.  Then
> go
> to the Tools menu in Visual C++, click Options, and then click the
> Directories
> tab.  Under "Show Directories For" select Executables.  Make sure that the
> path to CL.EXE on the machine matches one of the paths under this
> Executables
> category.  If not, add this path to the list.  If CL.EXE does not exist at
> all, something might be seriously wrong.  Consider
> reinstalling Visual C++, or copy CL.EXE from the CD to the VC Bin
directory.

Sat, 24 Jan 2004 00:11:18 GMT

1. Cannot spawn cl.exe??

2. Cannot spawn cl.exe ????

3. Compile error: Error Spawning Cl.exe or link.exe

4. error spawning cl.exe when profile

5. error PRJ0003: Error spawning 'cl.exe'.

6. error spawning cl.exe in v6

7. Error: spawning cl.exe

8. Error spawning cl.exe???

9. What causes "Error spawning cl.exe"