Structure is different in debug/release
Author Message
 Structure is different in debug/release

Hi All
      I am writing a MFC Regular DLL and a MFC application.
I exported one function from DLL as ..
/************** DLL ********************
CDaoFieldInfo* WINAPI MyFunction()
{
    static CDaoFieldInfo fieldInfo;
// Assign values to fieldInfo
    return &fieldInfo;

Quote:
}

And in my EXE I call this function as
CDaoFieldInfo* pInfo = MyFunction();
// End code.

   My MFC DLL is release version and my MFC EXE is debug version. I trace
into the EXE and 'QuickWatch' at pInfo, It appear __vfptr inside this
structure and make my program access violation when I used this pointer. So
I rebuild my DLL with debug info in release version and trace into the DLL
in MyFunction() doesn't has __vfptr in fieldInfo. I try to change fieldInfo
to pointer then return, still does not has __vfptr.

  Why is structure in debug and release difference?
  How can I fix this bug?

Thanks.

Fri, 27 Jun 2003 18:41:00 GMT

1. Structure is different in debug/release

2. Structure is different in debug/release

3. Different execution between Release and Debug version

4. different results between Debug/Release builds

5. different debug-release results

6. sin(x) different debug&release-results

7. Different behavoir Release/Debug-build

8. Different behaviour in release vs. debug

9. Different arithmetics for debug and release version?

10. Dll's with different names for debug-/release-Version

11. different calculations in debug and release version ?

12. Different behavoir for Release/Debug build