Way for VC macro to access debugger memory window?
Author Message
 Way for VC macro to access debugger memory window?

Hi,

I want to write a macro in VC6 to display the data part of a CString
in the memory window.

But I can not find any Developer Studio Object for the memory
window.  When I loop through the collection of windows, the
memory window doesn't show up either:
        Dim myWindow
        For Each myWindow in Application.Windows
                PrintToOutputWindow(myWindow.Caption)
        Next

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Tue, 24 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Way for VC macro to access debugger memory window?
You can only access the windows that are open in the editor through the
windows collection. Unfortunately there isn't much flexibility available.
The only thing you can do is
PrintToOutputWindow(De{*filter*}.Evaluate("expression that can be evaluated in
the watch window")). You cannot evaluate functions.

What you are trying to do is unfortunately not possible.

Fri, 27 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Way for VC macro to access debugger memory window?
I tried doing the same and gave up, my resolution is that it cannot be done
with the extensibility library.. I wrote a C++ add in (use the wizard) then
obtain a window handle to the memory window and do what ever the heck you
want.... Quick and Dirty, the good old way always works..
-tzurs.

Quote:
> Hi,

> I want to write a macro in VC6 to display the data part of a CString
> in the memory window.

> But I can not find any Developer Studio Object for the memory
> window.  When I loop through the collection of windows, the
> memory window doesn't show up either:
> Dim myWindow
> For Each myWindow in Application.Windows
> PrintToOutputWindow(myWindow.Caption)
> Next

> Am I missing something?

> Thanks,

Mon, 13 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. VC Macro command Debugger.State

2. VC++5 debugger under XP does not allow changes to memory mapped files

3. Read/write access breakpoints with vc debugger ?

4. Two ways to write multi-statement macros

5. Debugger memory-window crash solved

6. VC 1.52 Windows Debugger

7. Debugger memory-window crash solved

8. VC++6 Macro window ...

9. Macros: How to access the output window

10. Accessing the output window via a macro?

11. Any good ways to trace memory leaks?

12. I need vc ide macro help, trying to create a move to end of word macro