Dokumentation about CLR-Debugging
Author Message
 Dokumentation about CLR-Debugging

Hello,

where can I get the documentation of the CLR-Debugging.

All the include files are provided with VS.NET (cordebug.h), but there is
no documentation !?

Where is it ?

I am specially interested in walking throw the GC-root !
How can this be done.

I finished writing an de{*filter*} which can now:
- CreateProcess
- Continue
- Break
- Terminate

Now I want to break the current process and walk throu the GC-Root (all all
objects)
I tried the ICorDebugProcess::EnumerateObjects methode,
but it returns: E_NOTIMPL

Is this a bug, is there some other way to receive all objects ?

--
Greetings
  Jochen

  Do you need a memory-leak finder ?
  http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 09 Jul 2005 19:09:30 GMT
 Dokumentation about CLR-Debugging

Quote:

> where can I get the documentation of the CLR-Debugging.

I found the docs...
they are under:
\Program FIles\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\FrameworkSDK\Tool Developers
Guide\docs

Quote:
> I am specially interested in walking throw the GC-root !

I do not need an de{*filter*}, I need an profiler...

thanx to all...

Greetings
  Jochen

Sun, 10 Jul 2005 02:17:27 GMT
 Dokumentation about CLR-Debugging
"Jochen Kalmbach" wrote ...

Quote:
> I do not need an de{*filter*}, I need an profiler...

I believe profiling is only available using the VS.NET de{*filter*}.

--
Regards,

Fred Chateau
e-mail: fchateauAtComcastDotNet

Sun, 10 Jul 2005 03:41:04 GMT
 Dokumentation about CLR-Debugging

Quote:

> "Jochen Kalmbach" wrote ...

>> I do not need an de{*filter*}, I need an profiler...

> I believe profiling is only available using the VS.NET de{*filter*}.

I do not believe, but I known that profiling is a feature from the CLR and
the API is well documented.

--
Greetings
  Jochen

  Do you need a memory-leak finder ?
  http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 10 Jul 2005 13:52:45 GMT

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308626

--
Regards,

Fred Chateau
e-mail: fchateauAtComcastDotNet

Sun, 10 Jul 2005 17:45:55 GMT
 Dokumentation about CLR-Debugging
Hi Fred,

Quote:

> "Jochen Kalmbach" wrote ...

>> I do not believe, but I known that profiling is a feature from the
>> CLR and
>> the API is well documented.

> http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;en-us;308626

What do you want to say !?

The KB article only covers the VS and .NET-Framework debugging apps...
But if you write your own de{*filter*} or profiler you have to read:

\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\FrameworkSDK\Tool Developers
Guide\docs\*.doc

--
Greetings
  Jochen

  Do you need a memory-leak finder ?
  http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 10 Jul 2005 19:13:04 GMT
 Dokumentation about CLR-Debugging
"Jochen Kalmbach" wrote ...

Quote:
> What do you want to say !?
> The KB article only covers the VS and .NET-Framework debugging apps...
> But if you write your own de{*filter*} or profiler you have to read:
> \Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\FrameworkSDK\Tool Developers

Guide\docs\*.doc

I thought you we're asking for information regarding using the CLR de{*filter*}
for profiling, which is why I said I didn't think profiling was part of the
CLR de{*filter*}. After re-reading your original message, I think I understand
you are looking for documentation on the .NET profiling API.

I ran across some information on that subject on the Microsoft site this
week, but I didn't pay close attention to it, and I thought it was mentioned
on the page I referenced. I'll try to remember where I saw the information
and post a link if I find it again.

Sorry about the poor communication. I tend to read through these messages
rather quickly. Next time I'll try to be more careful before answering.

--
Regards,

Fred Chateau
e-mail: fchateauAtComcastDotNet

Sun, 10 Jul 2005 22:32:27 GMT
 Dokumentation about CLR-Debugging
"Fred Chateau" wrote ...

Quote:
> I ran across some information on that subject on the Microsoft site this

week, but I didn't pay close attention to it, and I thought it was mentioned
on the page I referenced. I'll try to remember where I saw the information
and post a link if I find it again.

Maybe this will help . . .

http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/12/hood/default.aspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/03/01/netprofilerapi/default...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/servicedesks/webcasts...
02/wcblurb022802.asp

--
Regards,

Fred Chateau
e-mail: fchateauAtComcastDotNet

Sun, 10 Jul 2005 23:17:20 GMT

1. Dokumentation about CLR-Debugging

2. How to debug ServiceComponent-derived CLR classes

3. Client-side support for C# and the CLR

4. where to download CLR runtime.

5. How Virtual Functions are handled in CLR(MSIL)

6. executable size with /clr switch

7. CLR

11. assembly location for non clr application (managed C++)

12. CLR and COM