Unable to set register breakpoint
Author Message
 Unable to set register breakpoint

I am using Visual C++ 6.0 Enterprise Edition with SP3 on Windows NT 4.0SP5.

I would like to set a breakpoint on a register but when I follow the
instructions in the MSDN online documentation I get the error that the
breakpoint is invalid.

Setting a Breakpoint When a Register Changes
To break when a register changes
From the Edit menu, click Breakpoints.
Click the Data tab of the Breakpoints dialog box.
In the Expression text box, type a register mnemonic, such as CS.
In the Number Of Elements text box, type the number of bytes to monitor.
Click OK to set the breakpoint.

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Jeff

Tue, 21 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Unable to set register breakpoint
you cannot set a breakpoint that monitors when a register value changes -
this is a limitation of the hardware (atleast on x86) - you can set bp's
that fire when a memory location changes but not a register

Quote:
> I am using Visual C++ 6.0 Enterprise Edition with SP3 on Windows NT
4.0SP5.

> I would like to set a breakpoint on a register but when I follow the
> instructions in the MSDN online documentation I get the error that the
> breakpoint is invalid.

> Setting a Breakpoint When a Register Changes
> To break when a register changes
> From the Edit menu, click Breakpoints.
> Click the Data tab of the Breakpoints dialog box.
> In the Expression text box, type a register mnemonic, such as CS.
> In the Number Of Elements text box, type the number of bytes to monitor.
> Click OK to set the breakpoint.

> Any help is greatly appreciated,
> Jeff

Thu, 23 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Unable to set register breakpoint

2. Unable to set conditional breakpoints in templates

3. Unable to set breakpoint

4. Unable to set conditional breakpoints in templates

5. Setting breakpoint when register equals certain value

6. Setting breakpoint when register equals certain value

7. Unable to put breakpoints

8. Unable to Register the DLL

9. HELP!!!!!! Unable to register Long filename COM DLL

10. Using registers in data breakpoints

11. breakpoints for CPU register

12. MFC 7.1 and binding DLLs (unable to register COM components)