Debug Works, Release Crashes... help!
Author Message
 Debug Works, Release Crashes... help!

I am writing a windows application, utilizing opengl to render some 3d.

Now the thing works perfect when i compile it in debug mode, but when i
compile it in release, it just gives me an access violation...

I'm pretty stuck, because as far as I know there is no way to debug the
program
since it is compiled in release mode..

any ideas hints?
or maybe even a possible solution?

Jonas

Tue, 13 Jan 2004 19:49:53 GMT
 Debug Works, Release Crashes... help!
1. you can debug release mode...... search "debugging the release mode"
www.google.com  for that one
2. Learn how to read the <your app name>.map file if the crash is relativly
high level (i.e. the crash screen shows you application name)
3. run the microsoft drwatson.exe prgram and examine the drwatson.log file
that is created when the crash occurs...you can trace the
   crash back to the point it left your source code to opengl

hope this helps...

Jamie

Quote:
> I am writing a windows application, utilizing opengl to render some 3d.

> Now the thing works perfect when i compile it in debug mode, but when i
> compile it in release, it just gives me an access violation...

> I'm pretty stuck, because as far as I know there is no way to debug the
> program
> since it is compiled in release mode..

> any ideas hints?
> or maybe even a possible solution?

> Jonas

Tue, 13 Jan 2004 20:25:30 GMT
 Debug Works, Release Crashes... help!
add debugging information to your release build and debug it

Quote:
> I am writing a windows application, utilizing opengl to render some 3d.

> Now the thing works perfect when i compile it in debug mode, but when i
> compile it in release, it just gives me an access violation...

> I'm pretty stuck, because as far as I know there is no way to debug the
> program
> since it is compiled in release mode..

> any ideas hints?
> or maybe even a possible solution?

> Jonas

Tue, 13 Jan 2004 21:55:49 GMT

1. Debug works, release crashes, please help!

2. Help: Debug-Version works, Release-Version crashes!

3. same code works in Debug, crashes in Release!!!!

4. same code works in Debug, crashes in Release!!!!

5. same code works in Debug, crashes in Release!!!!

6. same code works in Debug, crashes in Release!!!!

7. debug works fine but release build crashes.

8. Debug build works, release build crashes!

9. App Crashes in RELEASE but works fine in DEBUG

10. Release version works but debug version crashes

11. same code works in Debug, crashes in Release!!!!

12. same code works in Debug, crashes in Release!!!!