VC Hangs when registering ActiveX Control
Author Message
 VC Hangs when registering ActiveX Control

I have used VC to create controls before. Recently I reinstalled Win98 and
everthing including VC++ with SP4 as before the formatting of my hard drive.

Everything else seems fine including standard MFC applications, but when I
compile an ActiveX control (even an empty one with just the wizard code) the
code compiles, links and then hangs during the compilation at the point
where the output window says "Registering ActiveX Control...."

I then have to CTRL-ALT-DEL to get out of the fix!!!

Does anyone know why this might be and how to remedy it. Incidentally,
importing controls to a dialog MFC app works normally still.

In addition to this I have a little more information. If I go into settings
the default configuration is Unicode release, and also there is "Registering
ActiveX Control..." and some compiler instructions in the Build tab of
settings. If I delete these the program no longer crashes and if I register
the ActiveX by hand all is well. How can I change the settings (shown below)
or tell the compiler to not use them as the default. I have not written
anything in this section to change the build messages.

regsvr32 /s /c "$(TargetPath)"
echo regsvr32 exec. time > "$(OutDir)\regsvr32.trg"

and in the box below

$(OutDir)\regsvr32.trg

Any help appreciated,

Russell O'Brien
UK

Sat, 12 Jul 2003 01:11:36 GMT
 VC Hangs when registering ActiveX Control

Quote:
> I have used VC to create controls before. Recently I reinstalled
Win98 and
> everthing including VC++ with SP4 as before the formatting of my hard
drive.

> Everything else seems fine including standard MFC applications, but
when I
> compile an ActiveX control (even an empty one with just the wizard
code) the
> code compiles, links and then hangs during the compilation at the
point
> where the output window says "Registering ActiveX Control...."

> I then have to CTRL-ALT-DEL to get out of the fix!!!

> Does anyone know why this might be and how to remedy it. Incidentally,
> importing controls to a dialog MFC app works normally still.

> In addition to this I have a little more information. If I go into
settings
> the default configuration is Unicode release, and also there
is "Registering
> ActiveX Control..." and some compiler instructions in the Build tab of
> settings. If I delete these the program no longer crashes and if I
register
> the ActiveX by hand all is well. How can I change the settings (shown
below)
> or tell the compiler to not use them as the default. I have not
written
> anything in this section to change the build messages.

> regsvr32 /s /c "$(TargetPath)"
> echo regsvr32 exec. time > "$(OutDir)\regsvr32.trg"

> and in the box below

> $(OutDir)\regsvr32.trg

> Any help appreciated,

> Russell O'Brien
> UK

Did you try to use ActiveXplorer? (www.soft-value.com). I think, that
it can be helpful.

Regards,
Max R

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Sat, 12 Jul 2003 23:40:36 GMT

1. Registering an MFC ActiveX control made with VC.NET fails

2. VC fails to register ActiveX control

3. VB ActiveX Control encapsulated within a VC Control

4. Checking if an activex control registered

5. ActiveX control registered as a MIME type viewer

6. Registering ActiveX control fails

7. My IDE Lost my registered ActiveX Controls

8. IDE crashing when registering ActiveX controls and DLLs

9. VC++ 6.0 fails to install/register activex controls?

10. URGENT:How to register ActiveX Control

11. Register ActiveX control in IDE Fails (0x00000485)

12. Register ActiveX control in IDE Fails (0x00000485)