Debugging code that uses Pixel Format Functions
Author Message
 Debugging code that uses Pixel Format Functions

I am unable to debug C/C++ code in which calls are made to
any of the Win32 Pixel Format Functions associated with
OpenGL SDK ( ChoosePixelFormat(), SetPixelFormat(),
GetPixelFormat(), etc,...) I am running Visual C++ 6.0
with service pack 5.0.
on a W2000 machine that has a NVidia GeForce2MX ( 32MB
RAM) Asus adapter. Debugging such code would cause the
de{*filter*} to break and get stuck inside the Disassembly
code. However, if I comment out the calls to the Fixel
Format Functions, the de{*filter*} will work as desired. Any
suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Sun, 27 Mar 2005 09:06:52 GMT
 Debugging code that uses Pixel Format Functions
What do you mean by this:

Quote:
> "Debugging such code would cause the
> de{*filter*} to break and get stuck inside the Disassembly
> code."

Do you mean the de{*filter*} hits a breakpoint, or that it gets broken somehow
(and if so, how.)  And as for stopping in disassembly code, this is likely
because you are in the GetPixelFormat or SetPixelFormat OpenGL SDK function
code, and you probably don't have the source code for these libraries, so
the best the de{*filter*} can do is show you disassembly.

--
Mohamed Shabar
Andrew Cox

> I am unable to debug C/C++ code in which calls are made to
> any of the Win32 Pixel Format Functions associated with
> OpenGL SDK ( ChoosePixelFormat(), SetPixelFormat(),
> GetPixelFormat(), etc,...) I am running Visual C++ 6.0
> with service pack 5.0.
> on a W2000 machine that has a NVidia GeForce2MX ( 32MB
> RAM) Asus adapter. Debugging such code would cause the
> de{*filter*} to break and get stuck inside the Disassembly
> code. However, if I comment out the calls to the Fixel
> Format Functions, the de{*filter*} will work as desired. Any
> suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks

Wed, 06 Apr 2005 01:53:09 GMT

1. pixel format

2. HiColor Pixel Format

3. Pixel Format in HiColor Mode

4. Need function to convert float/double/long to string using a specified format

5. Debugging into managed c++ DLL that is being used by unmanaged code

6. Debug assertion failed when using DLL code

7. How to format diskette without using format.com ?

8. using CRT debug functions with new and delete

9. autoscrolling pixel by pixel RichEditCtrl

10. Scrolling text, pixel by pixel in a RichEditView

11. Code using function prototypes

12. Using 32-bit function from 16-bit code