VC 1.52c under NT 4
Author Message
 VC 1.52c under NT 4

I am new at this and have inherited a DLL created using Visual C++ version
1.52c.  The compiler and de{*filter*} work fine under Windows 95.  I have moved
to an NT 4.0 workstation (including SP4).  The DLL compiles and runs fine
unless you try to debug.  If a breakpoint is set the compiler ignores it and
gives a "Process Terminated Normally" dialog box, or you get a General
Protection Fault.  You only get returned to the calling routine if you have
rebooted the system and have no breakpoints set.

 A search of the knowledge base gave a document claiming that 1.52 should
work fine under NT 4.0.  The compiler was reinstalled but the problem
persists.  Has anyone else experienced this problem or have any ideas on how
to make this work.  Thank you for your time and sharing your experience.

Lamont Lewis

Sun, 20 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. VC 4 & VC 1.52c

2. VC 5.0 Enterprise and VC 1.52C How to get the 1.52C Please ?

3. Help! VC++ 1.52c on NT 4.0

4. DAO in VC 1.52c

5. VC 1.52C File Problems

6. Overlays using VC 1.52C

7. Linker and DLL problems using VC 1.52c

8. VC 1.52c - Problem with mkdir

9. How do I uninstall VC 1.52c?

10. environment vars, overlays, vc 1.52c

11. Help! Libraries in VC 1.52c

12. Linker and DLL problems using VC 1.52c