How can I debug ISAPI Extension Under Win2000 Server?
Author Message
 How can I debug ISAPI Extension Under Win2000 Server?

Hi

In Win 98, I installed Add-ons PWS to test my project, I stopped
inetinfo.exe and write it in debug session with parameter -e W3SRV, But this
method not work under Win2000?
How can I debug ISAPI Extension Under Win2000 Server?

Thanks

Mon, 16 Feb 2004 23:41:40 GMT
 How can I debug ISAPI Extension Under Win2000 Server?
See if the following KB helps you

    Q183480 HOWTO: Debug ISAPI DLLs Under IIS 4.0 and IIS 5.0

Cheers
Check Abdoul
------------------

Quote:
> Hi

> In Win 98, I installed Add-ons PWS to test my project, I stopped
> inetinfo.exe and write it in debug session with parameter -e W3SRV, But
this
> method not work under Win2000?
> How can I debug ISAPI Extension Under Win2000 Server?

> Thanks

Mon, 16 Feb 2004 23:51:59 GMT
 How can I debug ISAPI Extension Under Win2000 Server?
Hello Usama,

ISAPI extensions are running in an IIS application. According to the
application protection (Low, Medium, High), an IIS application can run in
Inetinfo.exe, a shared dllhost.exe or a separate dllhost.exe.

Knowing which process to attach, we can use Msdev or WinDbg to attach to
that process.
Choose Project -> Settings -> Debug to add additional dll (The ISAPI dll)
(Remember to place symbols in the same directory.)
The symbol will be loaded, we can set breakpoint now.
Access the ISAPI extension by using IE and we can debug it when the
breakpoints are reached.

For more detailed information about how to debug ISAPI on IIS, please check
the following link:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q183/4/80.asp

Regards,
Woody

Tue, 17 Feb 2004 14:50:30 GMT

1. ATL Server ISAPI Extension

2. Help with multithreading and an ISAPI Server Extension

3. Help with multithreading and an ISAPI Server Extension

4. Help! ISAPI server extension versus CGI

5. ISAPI extension causes "Internal Server Error"

6. ISAPI server extension - Readclient() problem

7. Debug ISAPI extension????

8. Problems debugging VC++ ISAPI extensions

9. How to debug a ISAPI extension remotely

10. Debugging ISAPI extensions

11. Debugging an ISAPI extension.

12. How to debug a ISAPI extension?(Urgent!!!)