unable to debug
Author Message
 unable to debug

While placing a break point in an ATL project, which is supported by many
C++ libraries I got the message in the message box :
" One or more breakpoints cannot be set and have been disabled . Execution
will stop at the beginning of the program. "

What is the meaning of this ?
I am building the project in debug mode and want to do debugging .

Well my programs layout is like this :
libraries in c/c++ (.lib files) ----> ATL COM DLL ---> VB Client
I am putting the break point from ATL COM project in the C/C++ library
source code ( which are build in debug mode) , while I have added the VB
client 's .exe file in the project setting debug box.

Thanks in advance

Sun, 26 Jun 2005 14:11:01 GMT
 unable to debug

VC de{*filter*} has to resolve the source locations of the break points before
starting the debug session. In case that fails, it will disable the break
points will stop at beginning of the program.

Add the dll of the source to project settings debug box and try. This should
work. Otherwise the work around would be this..

In ur VC code wherever u want to debug use DebugBreak statements. While
running ur application if DebugBreak occurs, u will be shown a message box
as if the application crashed. And if u choose cancel, it will take u to the
code where u used debugbreak. U can proceed with ur debugging.

Try it. I am not sure if that will help u or not.
Ragu

Quote:
> While placing a break point in an ATL project, which is supported by many
> C++ libraries I got the message in the message box :
> " One or more breakpoints cannot be set and have been disabled . Execution
> will stop at the beginning of the program. "

> What is the meaning of this ?
> I am building the project in debug mode and want to do debugging .

> Well my programs layout is like this :
> libraries in c/c++ (.lib files) ----> ATL COM DLL ---> VB Client
> I am putting the break point from ATL COM project in the C/C++ library
> source code ( which are build in debug mode) , while I have added the VB
> client 's .exe file in the project setting debug box.

> Thanks in advance

Sat, 09 Jul 2005 23:20:35 GMT

1. unable to debug (release)

2. unable to debug atl server project

3. unable to debug program

4. Unable to debug vc5 built application

5. Unable to debug my app with VC 4.1b

6. Unable to debug into MFC source

7. Unable to debug-Please Help!!

8. Visual C++.NET: Unable to start debugging

9. Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging

10. Unable to build ReleaseMinSize - Debug version builds fine.

11. VC 5 Debug: _RPT Assertion unable to work on web

12. "Unable to start debugging"