disabling a warning
Author Message
 disabling a warning

I know it sounds kinda bad, but I want to disable the warning due to some
stl containers I am using, that is C4786. It is rather uninformative and
scares my boss about STL, :). I know how to #pragma it out for an individual
file, but not how to disable it for the whole project.
thanx,
max.

Sun, 19 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 disabling a warning
It's a virtually pointless warning. You should definitely disable it.

Put the #pragma in a shared header file. Be sure to put it _before_
you include any of the STL header files, or else it will be ineffective.

Quote:

--
.Bruce Dawson, Cavedog Entertainment.
Makers of Total Annihilation - http://www.cavedog.com

Sun, 19 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Can you disable specific warnings or change warning level per file in Visual Studio.NET

2. [disable link warning]

3. how to disable IE warning box?

4. Disabling specific warnings from command-line

5. Disabling Compiler Warning Messages?

6. Disable Linker Warnings

7. how to disable a warning message

8. can't disable a warning in VC++??!!

9. How do I disable a warning without changing the source code?

10. Disable warnings in template functions?

11. warning disable

12. disable "first-chance exception.." warnings