Help with error message
Author Message
 Help with error message

Hi all,

I need some help with an error message that I keep on getting.....

Env.: NT4.0, VC++5.0 Professional Edition, using MFC

1) I compiled my program (MyApp) and everything was fine.

2)  I added a handler for the WM_RBUTTONDOWN message to CMyAppView
using ClassWizard.

3) I recompiled and get the following error:

Compiling...
Command line warning D4028 : minimal rebuild failure, reverting to
normal build MyApp.cpp C:\MyApp\MyApp.cpp(4) : fatal error
C1033: cannot open program database 'c:\myapp\debug\vc50.idb'
MyAppView.cpp C:\MyApp\MyApp.cpp(4) : fatal error C1033:
cannot open program database 'c:\myapp\debug\vc50.idb' Generating
Code... Error executing cl.exe. MyApp.exe - 2 error(s), 1 warning(s)

LINE 4 in VTracerView.cpp is :  #include "stdafx.h"

4) I undid everything from step 2 and recompiled and get the same
error as in step 3.

5) Shutdown the computer and restart and everything compiles just
fine.

Can anyone explain why this is happening and what I need to do as I
don't want to shutdown my computer each time I get this error.

Thanks,

Fatima

Thu, 24 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help with error message

Try using Rebuild All option from the Build menu

Quote:

>Hi all,>
>I need some help with an error message that I keep on getting.....

>Env.: NT4.0, VC++5.0 Professional Edition, using MFC

>1) I compiled my program (MyApp) and everything was fine.

>2)  I added a handler for the WM_RBUTTONDOWN message to CMyAppView
>using ClassWizard.

>3) I recompiled and get the following error:

>Compiling...
>Command line warning D4028 : minimal rebuild failure, reverting to
>normal build MyApp.cpp C:\MyApp\MyApp.cpp(4) : fatal error
>C1033: cannot open program database 'c:\myapp\debug\vc50.idb'
>MyAppView.cpp C:\MyApp\MyApp.cpp(4) : fatal error C1033:
>cannot open program database 'c:\myapp\debug\vc50.idb' Generating
>Code... Error executing cl.exe. MyApp.exe - 2 error(s), 1 warning(s)

>LINE 4 in VTracerView.cpp is :  #include "stdafx.h"

>4) I undid everything from step 2 and recompiled and get the same
>error as in step 3.

>5) Shutdown the computer and restart and everything compiles just
>fine.

>Can anyone explain why this is happening and what I need to do as I
>don't want to shutdown my computer each time I get this error.

>Thanks,

>Fatima

Sun, 27 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help on error messages