problem loading excel data
Author Message
 problem loading excel data

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to query an excel file from Visual C++ and
display it's contents on a listview control. I have found
that if I first create the excel file in visual c++ and
then try to open the file and display contents, everything
works well. However if I try to open a file that I have
not initially created through vc++, then I get an error
saying the table in the file I requested could not be
found.

That is in case one, I create a table in a excel file
called "test" and then I query table "test". In the second
case I assume the table name is "sheet1" and my query
fails. My question is if an excel file is treated as a
database then where are the table names defined? And if
table names are indeed synonymous to Worksheets in Excel,
do you know what else could be causing the problem?

Also my eventual goal is to have a data loaded from an
excel spreadsheet into a listview/datagrid control. I want
to be able to edit/delete/add data and have it reflected
back in the excel spreadsheet. At the same time I want be
able to change whole columns in the display control by
afterwhich the changes would reflect in the excel file)
Does anyone know if this is possible and if so, what is
the best control and data connection to use (lisview or MS
data grid; dao, odbc, ole?)

Thanks in Advance!!

error message:
Microsoft Jet database engine could not find the
object 'mytablename'. Make sure the object exists and that
you spell its name and path name correctly.

ps. sorry if this gets posted twice, the message doesnt
seem to be uploading to the newsgroup

Sun, 25 Dec 2005 23:03:19 GMT
[...]

Mon, 26 Dec 2005 00:44:50 GMT

1. problem loading data from excel into listview control

2. Access problem with Excel data

3. Problems with COM-interface while writing data to Excel 97

4. Problem loading XML document with binary data

6. Problem with loading custom file data into a CRichEditCtrl

7. Auto Load of Word, Excel and alike

8. Reading data from excel using c#

9. Outputting data to Excel

10. Accessing data Excel

11. Pass data to Excel one row at a time

12. C Program to copy HTML page data to Excel Spreadsheet