Accessing MS Access database from a dialog box
Author Message
 Accessing MS Access database from a dialog box

Hello all,
I would like to post the question of accessing MS Access database from a
dialog box?
To display a dialog box, i normally declare it as class CDialog but to
view the database, I am told the class has to be CRecordView, how do I
view a dialog box declared as CRecordView? confused??

Segale

Tue, 03 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Accessing MS Access database from a dialog box
The basic model is

Dialog controls <== DDX ==> Recordset <== RFX ==> Database

so yes you can use a dialog. All you need is a recordset that the dialog can
access.

DDX exchanges data between your recordset and the controls on your Dialog or
RecordView
( DoDataExchange )

RFX exchanges data between your recordset and your database.
( DoFieldExchange )

You always need a recordset.

Quote:
> Hello all,
> I would like to post the question of accessing MS Access database from a
> dialog box?
> To display a dialog box, i normally declare it as class CDialog but to
> view the database, I am told the class has to be CRecordView, how do I
> view a dialog box declared as CRecordView? confused??

> Segale

Tue, 03 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Accessing MS Access database from a dialog box

Quote:

> Hello all,
> I would like to post the question of accessing MS Access database from a
> dialog box?
> To display a dialog box, i normally declare it as class CDialog but to
> view the database, I am told the class has to be CRecordView, how do I
> view a dialog box declared as CRecordView? confused??

> Segale

You don't need CRecordView.  It is just a wizard creation to help beginners get
started.  The data members of your recordset can be displayed anywhere and
anyway you like.

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

Tue, 03 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Accessing MS Access Databases in VC++

2. Accessing an MS-Access database file using Visual C++ 4.0

3. Data Access tool to access MS-Access from DOS/C application

4. How to access Custom Database Properties of a Access 97 database programmatically

5. ! How to protect Ms Access database use VB program

6. ! How to protect Ms Access database use VB program

7. ASP.NET (ADO.NET) connect to remote MS Access Database

8. MS Access Database

9. Convert an MS Access Database to VC++ Project

10. Using DAO classes to connect to secure MS-Access database

11. Retrieving updated information only from MS Access Database w/ MFC DAO

12. Database Sync Problem with MS Access