Looking for some database report writing input?
Author Message
 Looking for some database report writing input?

        I've got a VC++ app using an Access 7.0 database.  I want to add report
writing to it.  I'm wondering about some of the options for doing this.  It
would be nice if the report writing was flexible enough to let my customers
modify their own reports, but it is not required.
        My first thought is I could use Crystal Reports to do this, are their
better solutions?  DAO can not use Access report objects.  Can ODBC? (I
wouldn't think so.)
        Helpful comments and suggestions welcome.

--
Michael Lambert

Fri, 02 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for some database report writing input?

What about the Crystal reports that comes with VC++?

Fri, 02 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for some database report writing input?

Yeah,

microsoft.public.vb.crystal

Quote:
> Is there a Crystal Reports newsgroup out there somewhere?

> Jack

Sat, 03 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for some database report writing input?

There is the Crystal Report's activex control that comes with VB 4( or just
Crystal Report version 5).

Can we redistribute the Crystal reports that comes with VC++ royalty free
for us with our app?

Are there cool solutions for letting user's make their own reports?

Quote:
> What about the Crystal reports that comes with VC++?

Sat, 03 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for some database report writing input?

Is there a Crystal Reports newsgroup out there somewhere?

Jack

Quote:

> >         I've got a VC++ app using an Access 7.0 database.  I want to
add report
> > writing to it.  I'm wondering about some of the options for doing this.
 It
> > would be nice if the report writing was flexible enough to let my
customers
> > modify their own reports, but it is not required.
> >         My first thought is I could use Crystal Reports to do this, are
their
> > better solutions?  DAO can not use Access report objects.  Can ODBC? (I
> > wouldn't think so.)
> >         Helpful comments and suggestions welcome.

> > --
> > Michael Lambert

> Crystal Report is the "Only Solution".

Sat, 03 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for some database report writing input?

On Tue, 14 Jan 1997 07:05:03 -0800, "Michael J. Lambert"

Quote:

>Can we redistribute the Crystal reports that comes with VC++ royalty free
>for us with our app?

Yes, for Visual C++ 4.x. Exemplar Setup Toolkit
(http://www.exemplarsoftware.com) knows which files you need to
distribute and how they need to be installed.

Quote:
>Are there cool solutions for letting user's make their own reports?

Not royalty free solutions.

PJ

http://www.exemplarsoftware.com

Sun, 04 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Looking for some database report writing input?

2. Looking for a C program that reports padding/allignment rules

3. Looking for a report generator...

4. Looking for C routine to Create Crosstab db or Report

5. Looking for VC++ reporting library?

6. Looking for ideas: Access style reports

7. Database reports

8. How to bind a database to Crystal Reports with ADO

9. Print Access database report from C++ app?

10. Database reports in VC++ 6?

11. Creating Reports in VC database applications

12. Storing and retrieving a crystal report in/from a SQLServer database