Visual Studio 6.0 DbViewer sample bug
Author Message
 Visual Studio 6.0 DbViewer sample bug

Hi,
I received Visual Studio 6.0 via my MSDN subscription recently. Tried
using a sample application called DbViewer to see the new Microsoft Jet
3.51 OLE DB provider in action. There is a bug and I don't know
whether the bug is in the OLEDB provider, new MFC OLEDB classes or
the DbViewer code itself.

The bug:
when I open the database (an MDB file), select any of the tables, and then
select "Show data" menu item, it will show the first 100 rows of the table.
Except the column headings are all screwed up - they don't correspond with
the actual data. Here is the schema for one such table (names changed
to avoid revealing too much):

CREATE TABLE Foo (
        FooString       TEXT CONSTRAINT FooPrimKey PRIMARY KEY,
        Foo1            SHORT,
        Foo2            LONG,
        Foo3            LONG
);

what I see when I do "show data" is columns labeled right to left:
"Foo1", "Foo3", "Foo2", "FooString", while the data in the listview
below shows as if the columns were in this order:
"FooString", "Foo1", "Foo2", "Foo3", which is the order I'd expect
them to be in.

So, where is the bug? Would someone from Microsoft kindly reply?
Thanks
Greg

Tue, 30 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. e: *HELP* After install Visual studio .Net, the Visual Studio Enterprise 6.0 stops working

2. *HELP* After install Visual studio .Net, the Visual Studio Enterprise 6.0 stops working

3. *HELP* After install Visual studio .Net, the Visual Studio Enterprise 6.0 stops working

4. Problem with Visual Studio 6.0 (Visual C++ 6.0) !!!!

5. Bugs in MS Visual Studio 6.0

6. Linker problem between Dev studio 5.0 and Visual Studio 6.0 VC++

7. porting visual c++ 6.0 addins to visual studio.net

8. Microsoft Visual Studio.NET V.S. Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0

9. Visual Studio 6.0, Visual SDK and ImageMagick

10. Visual Studio desktop layout (Visual Studio/Visual C++ 6)

11. Visual Studio 6 back to Visual Studio 5

12. Visual Studio Automation Samples Available