connect timeout
Author Message
 connect timeout

I have a VC++ using MFC that connects to a SQLServer 6.5 database. I built
it with the database wizard and all worked fine for quite some time. I made
no changes to the program and the database has grown.

Suddenly now the program times out after it attempts to do the ODBC login. I
then get no database connectivity.  I have increased the

SetLoginTimeout
SetQueryTimeout

times with no success. I can use the same odbc connection with MSQuery and
other tools and it works fine.

Thanks for the help.

Tue, 30 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 connect timeout
FYI, found my own problem. Seems the table just got bigger than the program
could handle. Restricted my sql statement and came right up.

Tom

Quote:

>I have a VC++ using MFC that connects to a SQLServer 6.5 database. I built
>it with the database wizard and all worked fine for quite some time. I made
>no changes to the program and the database has grown.

>Suddenly now the program times out after it attempts to do the ODBC login.
>then get no database connectivity.  I have increased the

>SetLoginTimeout
>SetQueryTimeout

>times with no success. I can use the same odbc connection with MSQuery and
>other tools and it works fine.

>Thanks for the help.

Fri, 02 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. SP2 still did not fix the bug with OLEdb Connect Timeout=0

2. WINSOCKETS2:Connect Timeout Problems

3. Setting socket Connect timeout?

4. TCP/IP Connect timeout

5. socket connect timeout

6. How I set the socket connect timeout?

7. CAsyncSocket::Connect timeout

8. how to change Socket connect timeout?

9. TcpClient connect timeout

10. Problems by setting DB-Connect-Timeout with "SQLSetConnectAttr"

11. How change timeout for CSocket.Connect()?

12. Changing timeout value of Connect() in CAsyncSocket