Connecting to a Oracle Database
Author Message
 Connecting to a Oracle Database

I have connected to an Oracle 8 database using Microsoft's CDatabase
object.  I have derived my own class from the CRecordset object.  In
my dialog, when I need to add a record to the database, I create an
instance of my class and try to open it.  The only mode that my ODBC
driver will support is forwardOnly which is documented as read-only.
But, when I check the CRecordset::CanUpdate() function, it returns
true indicating that I can write to the database.  I then call the
CRecordset::AddNew() function, set all my field data, then call
CRecordset::Update().  When I call CRecordset::Update(), I get a
messagebox saying "Driver does not support this function."  I tried
using Microsoft's Oracle driver, but the program has a run time error
when it tries to connect.  Any ideas how to overcome this problem?

I am running Windows NT v. 4.0 w/ 64 Mb RAM, Pentium 200MHz.  I am
using the Oracle 8 client driver to connect to the oracle server which
can successfully update in other programming languages.

Sat, 03 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Connecting to an Oracle Database

2. Does someone has connected to an Oracle database?

3. Use CRecordset to connect to remote oracle database

4. Connecting to an Oracle Database

5. How do I connect to Oracle database

6. ODBC and Oracle: Can connect, but cannot open recordset or get database name

7. Connecting an Oracle database with ODBC and VC++

8. FORMAT OF CONNECTIONSTRING TO CONNECT TO ORACLE DATABASE USING ADO

9. FORMAT OF CONNECTION STRING TO CONNECT to ORACLE DATABASE USING ADO

10. Connecting to Oracle Database

11. error in connecting to Oracle database running in an NT box from.NET Beta 2

12. Question about using Oracle Client to connect Oracle 9i DB (window version)?Thank you