C++ 4.0, DAO SDK, compile error in examples
Author Message
 C++ 4.0, DAO SDK, compile error in examples

I'm getting an compile error in the examples that came with the DAO SDK
that came with C++ 4.0 standard.

In all cases (and my own program) I get an undeclared identifier in
_DBDAO.H at

inline CONSTRUCTOR      CdbVariant::CdbVariant(
        SHORT s, BOOL bIsBool) : COleVariant(s)
        {
        if (bIsBool)
                {
                vt              = VT_BOOL;
                boolVal = s;
                }

I can find no definition of "boolVal" that goes with this; it compiles
if I create one (but I suspect just adding a local boolean is what was
intended).

I find it hard to believe that the example programs will not compile, so
I must be doing something incorrectly, but have beat my head against
this for quite a while, looking for net-relief.

(PS. will watch news, but am actively working on this so e-mail would be
a kindness to get me going quicker --- thanks in advance).

--

Mgr. Software Engineering        Voice:  (US) 540/967-0087
ARAMARK Mag & Book Services

Sat, 26 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. why AP compiled with CE 4.1 SDK cannot run in CE 4.0 OS

2. Trouble Compiling DirectX 3 SDK DirectSound Example

3. How to compile Visual C++ 1.0 source code using Visual C++ 4.0

4. How to Program eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0 with a newly built SDK

5. Embedded Visual C++ 4.0 SDK

6. Embedded Visual C++ 4.0 does not recognize installed CE platform SDK

7. VC++ 4.0 and NT 4.0 WIN32 SDK

8. DAO C++ SDK - Where is the Documentation

9. Using DAO SDK with Visual C++ 6.0

10. eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0 / some example

11. Compile error using Platform SDK

12. Compile Error after SDK Installation