redistribution question
Author Message
 redistribution question

I have been trying to conclude from the installation files of VC++ and DAO
SDK how I can properly install DAO or ODBC on my customer machine.  In
vain.  Does anyone know where to look for an installation example or code
(f.i. for Install Shield) of DAO and ODBC? I know there is a lot of
registry changes one has to make and I can't find it.
Plese help.

Please mail me directly too.
Thank you a lot for your help.

Cezary Nolewajka

Sat, 26 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 redistribution question

Quote:

>I have been trying to conclude from the installation files of VC++ and DAO
>SDK how I can properly install DAO or ODBC on my customer machine.  In
>vain.  Does anyone know where to look for an installation example or code
>(f.i. for Install Shield) of DAO and ODBC? I know there is a lot of
>registry changes one has to make and I can't find it.
>Plese help.

>Please mail me directly too.
>Thank you a lot for your help.

>Cezary Nolewajka

Check out the directory Msdev\Redist\Dao on your VC++ cd.  It includes a readme
file that explains how to register DAO.

Sun, 27 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 redistribution question

On Tue, 07 Jan 1997 22:58:12 -0800, "Cezary Nolewajka"

Quote:

>I have been trying to conclude from the installation files of VC++ and DAO
>SDK how I can properly install DAO or ODBC on my customer machine.  In
>vain.  Does anyone know where to look for an installation example or code
>(f.i. for Install Shield) of DAO and ODBC?

Exemplar Setup Toolkit knows how to install and configure the ODBC
files supplied with VC 40 - 4.2b without any programming or effort on
your part (You do have check the ODBC box in the Exemplar Setup
AppWizard and insert your Visual C++ CD-ROM). Example code to create
data sources programatically is also included in the online help.
Download a free trial version from www.exemplarsoftware.com. If you
are interested, I will send you the instructions for adding DAO
support to your Exemplar Setup Toolkit generated setup application.

Even if you decide not to purchase Exemplar Setup Toolkit ($99), you
can learn a lot about installing and configuring ODBC by studying the
toolkit documentation and source code.

PJ

http://www.exemplarsoftware.com

Tue, 29 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. DLL redistribution question (Shlwapi.dll)

2. 40comupd.exe/comctl32.dll redistribution question.

3. 40comupd.exe/comctl32.dll redistribution question.

4. Dao redistribution

5. DAO Redistribution in Practice

6. DAO Installation for Redistribution

7. Silent MDAC 2.0 redistribution

8. Jet database .mdb files and redistribution

9. ADO Redistribution

10. DAO 3.6 Redistribution

11. ADO Redistribution

12. DAO 3.6 redistribution.