Works under Win NT4.0 -> page fault under Win 95
Author Message
 Works under Win NT4.0 -> page fault under Win 95

I have a C++ based  DLL which references a Microsoft Access Database file
(.mdb) via MSVCPP's CDao (CDaoDatabase, CDaoTableDef, CDaoRecordset)
classes.  While my test case works fine under Win NT4.0, it generates an
invalid instruction - Page Fault when run under Win 95.
I'm at a loss to understand what is going on.  Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Sat, 16 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Works under Win NT4.0 -> page fault under Win 95

Are VC, Access, and DAO installed on the 95 machine?

Sat, 16 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Works under Win NT4.0 -> page fault under Win 95

Okay, this might be an obvious question, but I am a beginner:
If you connect an Access .mdb file to a VC++ application via DAO, do you
have to have Access and DAO on any target machine for the application to
run?

Can you not attach the DAO as a .dll, and just include the .mdb file?

Quote:

--
Peter Curtin,
Postgraduate Research,

Tel: 353-21-326-507
Fax: 353-21-345-244

Sun, 17 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Access 95 wizards won't work under NT4.0

2. Win 95 -> Win NT

3. Win 95/95 to Win NT

4. Win 98 "Invalid Page Fault", works fine on W2K, NT

5. Visual C++ debugger crashes under Win 95 but not under NT4.0

6. Printing in NT4.0 vs Win 95

7. Win NT to Win 95

8. Porting application from Win 95 to Win NT

9. Q: Differences WIN NT / WIN 95 in VC++ 5.0

10. Win NT vs. Win 95

11. Registry - Win 95/Win NT

12. DLL on Win NT vs. Win 95