DAO and non-Access tables
Author Message
 DAO and non-Access tables

In trying to use CDaoDatabase to open a dBase III format file, I get the
error message "Couldn't find installable ISAM."  MSXBSE35.DLL is in the
WinNT\System32 directory, the registry key
(HKLM\Software\Microsft\Jet\3.5\Engines) shows the correct path, and I
reinstalled the DLL in case it was corrupt, all of no avail. If I try to
open the table in Access97 via Get External Data/Link, all is well and I
can open the table. But programmatically, the operation fails.

I double-checked the syntax of the Open() call against the docs, and all
looks OK.

Am I blind? Have I missed something in the docs? What's the magic
incantation to make it work?

Sat, 03 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Accessing description of Access Table through DAO

2. Strange ODBC errors using DAO to access linked tables in Access .MDB

3. DAO and FoxPro Table with Non Standard Extension

4. DAO and ACCESS tables

5. DAO Views to access many tables.

6. Replacing Access Table with DAO

7. Problem adding record to blank Access Table using DAO

8. gaining access to server temp tables via DAO

9. DAO AddNew Recordset SQL Server not equal Access attached tables

10. Updating Access tables Using DAO with VC++

11. Accessing Dbase Tables (*.dbf) through DAO

12. Accessing Paradox 5.0 (and below) tables using MFC/DAO