Using ADO from Visual C++
Author Message
 Using ADO from Visual C++

Has anyone created ADO objects from a Visual C++/MFC application? I can't
seem to find the magic incantation to make this work.

--
Dave Smith
MCSE, MCT, MVP

Sun, 02 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Using ADO from Visual C++

I still haven't figured out the reasoning for using ADO in MFC. Personally,
it seems like jumping through hoops to me. It's a piece of cake using VB,
but in C++ it's looks like more work than it's worth. The MFC ODBC database
classes work fine for what I'm doing.

Jon

--
To reply to me via email please remove the _ from my email address.

Quote:

>Has anyone created ADO objects from a Visual C++/MFC application? I can't
>seem to find the magic incantation to make this work.

>--
>Dave Smith
>MCSE, MCT, MVP
>Remove NOSPAM from reply address

Sun, 02 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Using ADO from Visual C++

I have successfully used ADO in MFC applications.  Compared to DAO it is
light years ahead!  We used DAO quite a bit and found it very buggy and
unsafe for our data.  I have written a few COM components that use an ODBC
datasource and ADO and they work great!  Besides.. the bloat of using MFC
for the database stuff is unnecessary.  My COM components are ATL so they
are nice and lean.  Just try using ODBC with DAO  (eek!)

Anyway, if you would like some code to implement ADO and open a recordset
and issue some queries, email me.

---
Denis Tyrell
ABEL Computers Inc.

"I'll get all the sleep I need when I'm dead!"

Quote:
> I still haven't figured out the reasoning for using ADO in MFC.
Personally,
> it seems like jumping through hoops to me. It's a piece of cake using VB,
> but in C++ it's looks like more work than it's worth. The MFC ODBC
database
> classes work fine for what I'm doing.

> Jon

> --
> To reply to me via email please remove the _ from my email address.

> >Has anyone created ADO objects from a Visual C++/MFC application? I
can't
> >seem to find the magic incantation to make this work.

> >--
> >Dave Smith
> >MCSE, MCT, MVP
> >Remove NOSPAM from reply address

Fri, 28 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Copy Excel data into Access database using ADO for Visual C++

2. Using ADO in Visual C++

3. Using ADO in Visual C++ 6.0

4. ADO using visual c++

5. Error in opening a recordset in ADO in Visual C++ using MFC OLE

6. How to compile Visual C++ 1.0 source code using Visual C++ 4.0

7. Using ADO 2.1 / ADOX / ADO 2.0 with C++

8. Database settings -- Visual C++ used with Visual FoxPro database

9. Using a VISUAL Basic COM component from within Visual C++

10. Visual C++.NET: Using ADO.NET-Invalid Connnection

11. Using Visual C++ to compile C++ programs to be run on UNIX

12. Help: Using Borland C++ 16 bit DLL with Visual C++ 5.0