open a password-protected-sql-databas
Author Message
 open a password-protected-sql-database

How can I open a password-protected-database. Of course I know the password,
but I am searching for the possibilty to write this password in the
connection-string by using the OPEN-Method. I can not imagine that I have to
fill out every time the password-dialog from the database.

Thank you for your help
Frank

Fri, 29 Oct 2004 18:22:09 GMT
 open a password-protected-sql-database

Hello,

A sample for your reference:

"provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=servername;Initial Catalog=Northwind;User
Id=userid;Password=password;"

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Max
==========================

--------------------

|Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vc.database
|Subject: open a password-protected-sql-database

|How can I open a password-protected-database. Of course I know the
password,
|but I am searching for the possibilty to write this password in the
|connection-string by using the OPEN-Method. I can not imagine that I have
|fill out every time the password-dialog from the database.
|
|Thank you for your help
|Frank

Sat, 30 Oct 2004 21:19:03 GMT

1. Open a password-protected Access database

2. Open a password protected DataBase

3. open password protected DAO Database

4. Opening a password protected MDB file using ADO

5. Using CDaoDatabase to Open a Password Protected Access DB

6. Open a password protected Database

7. Error compacting a password-protected Access database

8. Compacting A password protected mdb

9. Password Protected DataBase

10. Password protected DataBase

11. SQLConfigDataSource and password protected ACCESS database

12. How to access Password protected .MDB file