CDaoWorkspace and Jet 4.0
Author Message
 CDaoWorkspace and Jet 4.0

Hi,

I've written a tool to compact and repair a MDB file.
It uses the CDaoWorkspace class. The tool is working fine with Office
97 MDB files. But MDB files made with Office 2000/XP aren't recognized
file formats.

Microsoft published the following page about it
http://www.*-*-*.com/
, it says I need .NET for this job.

Does anyone knows a solution for useing the CDaoWorkspace class for
other MDB versions then Office 97 ?

Hope to hear soon.

Walter de Bruijn
Student Computer Science
http://www.*-*-*.com/
The Netherlands

Fri, 11 Mar 2005 05:21:26 GMT
 CDaoWorkspace and Jet 4.0
Walter de Bruijn schrieb:

Quote:

> Hi,

> I've written a tool to compact and repair a MDB file.
> It uses the CDaoWorkspace class. The tool is working fine with Office
> 97 MDB files. But MDB files made with Office 2000/XP aren't recognized
> file formats.

> Microsoft published the following page about it
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vcco...
> , it says I need .NET for this job.

> Does anyone knows a solution for useing the CDaoWorkspace class for
> other MDB versions then Office 97 ?

You have to make sure that DAO 3.6 will be used. It will repair/compact
Access 2000-files (but will fail on Access97). This is the case
for MFC-Versions > 6.1. For earlier versions there is a hack:
In you CWinApp::InitInstance() set

AfxGetModuleState()->m_dwVersion=0x601;

I'm not sure, if there are any side effects of pretending to
have MFC-6.1 if you really have some earlier version, but I found
the hack here several times.

Georg

Sat, 12 Mar 2005 19:57:29 GMT

1. Help- DAO database conversion from Microsoft Jet 3.0 to 4.0

2. Problems with Jet 4.0

3. Using Jet 4.0 Unicode databases with DAO

4. How can I find out, if query is updatable with Jet 4.0 provider in VC++

5. temporary tables in Access Jet 4.0

6. sample ole db using jet 4.0

7. How to change field type in jet 4.0?

8. HELP: Nulls values with Jet Provider 4.0

9. How can I create a new database using OLEDB provider for Microsof t Jet Engine 4.0

10. ODBC with Jet 4.0 SQL-92 extensions

11. Problem with provider OLE DB jet 4.0

12. ADO/ATL/Jet 4.0 Provider problems with INSERT-sql