SQLConfigDataSource and password protected ACCESS database
Author Message
 SQLConfigDataSource and password protected ACCESS database

Hi All,

I want to use SQLConfigDataSource() to to repair an Access database as
descripted in
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;en-us;Q126606,
the article does not tell me if my database is password protected, how can I
specify a password for it, note that I am saying password protected not
account + password protected.

Any help will be appeciated
--
David Xu

Mon, 30 Aug 2004 13:59:24 GMT
 SQLConfigDataSource and password protected ACCESS database
Hi David,

Try to use ADO or OLE DB to do this:
Q270638 BUG: Database Compaction using SQLConfigDataSource fails
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q270/6/38.asp

Q271177 FIX: Unable To Repair Password Protected Database
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q271/1/77.asp

Q230501 HOWTO: Compact Microsoft Access Database via ADO
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q230/5/01.asp

Q230496 HOWTO: Compacting Microsoft Access Database Through OLE DB
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q230/4/96.asp

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Bill Cheng
Microsoft Support Engineer

Tue, 31 Aug 2004 14:54:53 GMT

1. Open a password-protected Access database

2. Error compacting a password-protected Access database

3. Password protected Access Database

4. Password Protected DataBase

5. Password protected DataBase

6. Open a password protected DataBase

7. How to compact a password protected database with Visual C++ using ODBC

8. DAO password protected database and class wizard

9. open password protected DAO Database

10. How to compact a password protected database with Visual C++ using ODBC

11. Password protected database (DAO)

12. Open a password protected Database