Annoying Jet 3.5 OLE DB deployment problems
Author Message
 Annoying Jet 3.5 OLE DB deployment problems

Hello

I am having big problems deploying a program which uses OLE DB Jet version
3.5.  The program is written in straight C++ (well ATL/WTL).  I use
InstallShield to deploy and have selected the Jet 351, Microsoft Component
Category Manager, Microsoft OLE 2.40 and DCOM95 Merge modules plus the
following files:

CLBCATQ.dll, COMPSTUI.dll, MSDART32.dll and MSIMG32.dll which go into the
System folder.

The following files are copied into the CommonFilesFolder\System\ole db
folder:

MSJTOR35.dll, oledb32.dll, oledba.dll and oledb32r.dll

But some clients work fine, others have problems.

Am I missing some important file that I need to deploy?

Angus Comber

Wed, 29 Jun 2005 02:47:17 GMT
 Annoying Jet 3.5 OLE DB deployment problems
It's hard to say exactly what's be missing, because of the number of
components that typically need to be installed. I'd suggest you run the
MDAC redistribution program (Mdac_typ.exe) on the clients to make sure that
all components are installed. There's also a lot of information in
Help--see "Installing Database Support" in MSDN Help (type the title into
the Index and it'll take you to that topic).

--
Donn Trenton, Visual C++ Team

--------------------

Quote:

>Subject: Annoying Jet 3.5 OLE DB deployment problems
>Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 18:47:17 -0000

>Hello

>I am having big problems deploying a program which uses OLE DB Jet version
>3.5.  The program is written in straight C++ (well ATL/WTL).  I use
>InstallShield to deploy and have selected the Jet 351, Microsoft Component
>Category Manager, Microsoft OLE 2.40 and DCOM95 Merge modules plus the
>following files:

>CLBCATQ.dll, COMPSTUI.dll, MSDART32.dll and MSIMG32.dll which go into the
>System folder.

>The following files are copied into the CommonFilesFolder\System\ole db
>folder:

>MSJTOR35.dll, oledb32.dll, oledba.dll and oledb32r.dll

>But some clients work fine, others have problems.

>Am I missing some important file that I need to deploy?

>Angus Comber

Tue, 26 Jul 2005 02:59:37 GMT

1. Unable to store CLongBinary or CByteArray as OLE Object in Jet 3.5

2. Problem intalling Microsoft Jet 3.5

3. ADO/ATL/Jet 3.5 Provider problem

4. Problem with provider OLE DB jet 4.0

5. OLE DB and ODBC problems with Rowset Recordcount w/ JET MDB in C++

6. How Do I Remove a User with Jet 3.5 and VC++

7. VC 4.2 with Jet 3.5

8. Jet 3.5

9. Rebuilding dbDAO to use Jet 3.5?

10. Rebuilding dbDAO to use Jet 3.5?

11. Jet 3.5 Error

12. Help - DAO and JET 3.5 and Memory Usage