Desperado ODBC access violation!
Author Message
 Desperado ODBC access violation!

Hello.

I am desperate!!
I keep getting spurious and fatal access violations.
The program accesses an SQL Server 6.5 database. It is developed under
WindowsNT 4.0, VCC 4.2.
The problem only occurs when running Release, and not in Debug mode, so
it is very hard to trap! Therefore I suspect a bad timing somewhere.
VCC only reports the following context when the exception occurs:

ODBCCR32! 04a95619()
010a3320()

I do something like this:

pSet = new mydataset(&pDB)

for (...)
{
    pSet->m_strFilter = ...
    pSet->Open(...);    (have also tried with requery and no close)

    read, modify and/or delete items from recordset

    pSet->Close();

Quote:
}

delete pSet;

I think it happens during pSet->Close() - after some open/close ..
I trap all odbc exceptions and log these to a file, but there are none.

I am very happy to get YOUR help or hints on how to find the source of
this problem !!!

    Ann-Kari

Mon, 17 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Desperado ODBC access violation!

Do you have any CTime variables in your table?  I had a similar
problem and once I stopped using CTime the problem went away.

Check the www.codeguru.com tips for database.

Omar.

On Mon, 3 Nov 1997 21:06:58 -0000, "Darran Potter"

Quote:

>I had a similar problem.. which I got rid off by switching off cursors..
>I didnt need them.. when you create a CDatabase object you can
>specify no cursors and then you dont use the offending DLL.

>Of course no good if you need cursors.

>>Hello.

>>I am desperate!!
>>I keep getting spurious and fatal access violations.
>>The program accesses an SQL Server 6.5 database. It is developed under
>>WindowsNT 4.0, VCC 4.2.
>>The problem only occurs when running Release, and not in Debug mode, so
>>it is very hard to trap! Therefore I suspect a bad timing somewhere.
>>VCC only reports the following context when the exception occurs:

>>ODBCCR32! 04a95619()
>>010a3320()

>>I do something like this:

>>pSet = new mydataset(&pDB)

>>for (...)
>>{
>>    pSet->m_strFilter = ...
>>    pSet->Open(...);    (have also tried with requery and no close)

>>    read, modify and/or delete items from recordset

>>    pSet->Close();
>>}

>>delete pSet;

>>I think it happens during pSet->Close() - after some open/close ..
>>I trap all odbc exceptions and log these to a file, but there are none.

>>I am very happy to get YOUR help or hints on how to find the source of
>>this problem !!!

>>    Ann-Kari

Fri, 21 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. access violations using ODBC

2. HELP!ODBC API call SQLFetchScroll returns Access violation with ODBCCR32.dll

3. HELP!!!! SQLDriverConnect ODBC API Access Violations

4. [Fwd: HELP!!!! SQLDriverConnect ODBC API Access Violations ]

5. MFC ODBC+DB2 DB2CLI = Access violation

6. "Access violation" accessing a DLL

7. URGENT: Access Violation when accessing the POOM IAppointment

8. Strange ODBC errors using DAO to access linked tables in Access .MDB

9. Accessing access via MFC Database classes and ODBC

10. Accessing an Ms Access 2000 Query using VC++, via ODBC

11. Accessing access via MFC Database classes and ODBC

12. Accessing access via MFC Database classes and ODBC