Upsizing CDaoRecordset to ODBC data source
Author Message
 Upsizing CDaoRecordset to ODBC data source

I have built an application that works fine with CDaoRecordsets
connecting to MDB files.  I have always been aware that VB4 DAO projects
can be easily "upsized" to work with MS-SQL Server without any code
changes just by changing the data source from MDB files to ODBC sources.

I have made this data source change and infact, most of my application
does work.  But I am finding that where I use a CDaoRecordset to update
values in the recordset, I get a message that this recordset is
Read-Only.  I have since read the documentation that states that
CDaoRecordset snapshots are read-only.  This is a huge problem.

I am confused since my DAO Recordsets in the VB4 code work fine.  Only
the DAO Recordsets are read-only.

My question is; Is there anyway to use CDaoRecordset to update MS-SQL
Server tables via ODBC?

Thanks

--
Mike Landmeier
PosLogic

Mon, 05 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Data Source: Programmatically Configuring an ODBC Data Source - HELP PLEASE

2. Data Source: Programmatically Configuring an ODBC Data Source - HELP PLEASE

3. Data Source: Programmatically Configuring an ODBC Data Source - HELP PLEASE

4. Class wizard does not create member variables for ODBC data sources

5. How to invoke ODBC data sources window?

6. Picking ODBC Data Sources in C#

7. ODBC: Adding a New Data Source

8. Problems with CRecordSet with Text ODBC data source

9. NT Service and ODBC Data Source

10. DAO: problems attaching external tables (ODBC data sources)

11. List ODBC data sources

12. Unable to avoid ODBC Data Source dialog box w/ CDatabase::OpenEx