ODBC Query Timeout Values
Author Message
 ODBC Query Timeout Values

This may be something of a no-brainer, but here goes anyway.

What are the penalties of setting a large Query Timeout value in ODBC.  I
can see that ideally you could choose a fairly low timeout value and deal
with timeouts nicely for the user.  If, however, I am running an
application over a potentially poor network then I would guess that a
high timeout is a good idea.  Are there any penalties other than a lack
of feedback to the user while that timeout is expiring?  If I have
another client, connecting to the same server over a much better network,
should I set the timeout there lower, and if so, why.

Many Thanks

George

These are my opinions and may not be those of my employer.

Thu, 09 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Query Timeouts

2. How to catch the query timeout exception

3. How to change Query timeout in CRecordset

4. ODBC Timeout

5. ODBC Timeouts

6. Timeout problems with ODBC

7. ODBC Timeout