Access2000 Key Index in ADO?
Author Message
 Access2000 Key Index in ADO?

I have access2000 tables, when I define those I set some
primary-key and other fields indexed.
How can I use those index to sort my data in MS dbGrid
and dblist.
is there no other option taht handle by SQL?

is there an ADO's property or method to control this
deffinition under JET?

I thinks that this kind of questions are very basics Q,
do you know about a good book ADO in VC++?

Thanks in advance for your help,
  Eduardo

Tue, 24 Aug 2004 06:25:13 GMT
 Access2000 Key Index in ADO?
The sorting via the ADO recordset might be might have some limitations
sometimes. Probably, the best way to get sorted data in Data List or any
other bound control might be to get ordered data via your recordset's query
(e,g, use Order By clause in your SQL query)

For an example of using the index and seek properties, please refer to the
following msdn link in the ADO documentation:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/ado2...
mdmthseekxvc.asp

A good ADO resource that has is a lot of sample codes in all languages
including C++ is the ADO programmers reference:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/ado270/htm/mdmscmicrosoftadop...
ersreference.asp

If you'd like an ADO reference book, you could refer to the following book:
"Programming ADO"
http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/reviews/3445.asp

Ammar Abuthuraya
Microsoft Developer Support

Are you secure? For information about the Strategic Technology Protection
Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit, please visit
http://www.microsoft.com/security.

Sun, 29 Aug 2004 03:27:41 GMT

1. Index in ADO

2. index files by VFPODBC, MSDASQL, and ADO from C++

3. Retreiving by index OR key

4. Fast in-memory index with seqentially ordered integer keys

5. keyed index file support

6. DAO/Indexes/Empty Key fields

7. How to create multiple fields for index key

8. How to searching index key

9. DAO - Fill in foreign key with correct index from a string-data table

10. Keyed Indices

11. How to get selected index in CListCtrl when selected using arrow key

12. Problems with CDaoRecordset and random index key generation