Visual FoxPro, Visual C++ and database settings
Author Message
 Visual FoxPro, Visual C++ and database settings

Environment:
Operating System: Windows 98
Application: Warehouse inventory control and report generation
Database: Sever-based Visual FoxPro (tables, forms, labels, etc.)
Client application: Visual C++ (version 5.0 in Visual Studio 97)

I am trying to determine the project settings for my Visual C++ MFC database
application.

I have selected MFC AppWizard(exe) and SDI.

What do I select on the next screen?
None, or
Header files only, or
Database view without file support, or
Database view with file support

When I click the Data source button do I select ODBC or DAO?
Also, do I select Snapshot, Dynaset or Table?

Thank you for your help.

--
Michael

Fri, 19 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Database settings -- Visual C++ used with Visual FoxPro database

2. Visual FoxPro and Visual C++

3. Visual Database CASE Tool and Code Generator for Visual C++

4. Accesing FoxPro Database from Visual C

5. Using VC with Visual Foxpro Database

6. ADO Object Command and the method CreateParameter to add a variant in a Visual FoxPro database

7. Visual Studio desktop layout (Visual Studio/Visual C++ 6)

8. Visual C++ vs Visual Basic vs Visual J++

9. Visual C++ .NET coexisting with Visual C++ v6.0 SP5

10. Visual C++ to eMbedded Visual C++ problem

11. Visual C++ .NET reviews, comparisons to Visual C++ 6.0

12. Do Not Install Visual C++ 5.0 Over an Installation of Visual C++ 4.x