Problems connecting to Oracle with NT serive
Author Message
 Problems connecting to Oracle with NT serive

I have a program which runs as an NT service and will not connect to
Oracle (ORA-12203).  When the app is executed manually it will
connect.  I believe my problem is due to env settings.
I go to a dos prompt and type set but get no Oracle related env info.
I am setting the path variable in the program.  I also tried setting
ORACLE_HOME to my orant directory (this is not in my env. when I do
set) but it did not help.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

don

Sat, 03 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Problems connecting to Oracle with NT serive
Check what "user" do you start service by.
I think it must be "system" account.
Check PATH variable in ControlPanel/System/Environment
this must include your oracle home dir.

Also ensure that Oracle services is started before yours.

Best regards, Mark

Quote:
>I have a program which runs as an NT service and will not connect to
>Oracle (ORA-12203).  When the app is executed manually it will
>connect.  I believe my problem is due to env settings.
>I go to a dos prompt and type set but get no Oracle related env info.
>I am setting the path variable in the program.  I also tried setting
>ORACLE_HOME to my orant directory (this is not in my env. when I do
>set) but it did not help.
>Does anyone have any suggestions?

>don

Tue, 06 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Problems connecting to Oracle with NT serive
I usually work in the HP-UX enviroment so I may be totally off base.....

All of the 12000 series errors that I've encountered have been related to a
file called TNSNAMES.ORA under
ORACLE_HOME (which I believe is orawin/network/admin  for the NT client)
TNSNAMES defines the connections to the
listener process on the server.  These errors can also be caused if the
listener has not been started properly,
or if the LISTENER.ORA (orant/network/admin) file is not set up properly on
the server.

In the unix enviroment, and based on limited experimentation in the NT
enviroment, both files are text files, and are relatively easy to
understand.

However, if I've totally misunderstood what you are trying to accomplish or
I'm totally off base since I'm not very familar with the NT enviroment, my
apologies and best wishes on your search.

Quote:

>Check what "user" do you start service by.
>I think it must be "system" account.
>Check PATH variable in ControlPanel/System/Environment
>this must include your oracle home dir.

>Also ensure that Oracle services is started before yours.

>Best regards, Mark

>>I have a program which runs as an NT service and will not connect to
>>Oracle (ORA-12203).  When the app is executed manually it will
>>connect.  I believe my problem is due to env settings.
>>I go to a dos prompt and type set but get no Oracle related env info.
>>I am setting the path variable in the program.  I also tried setting
>>ORACLE_HOME to my orant directory (this is not in my env. when I do
>>set) but it did not help.
>>Does anyone have any suggestions?

>>don

Sun, 11 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem connecting with vc5 to oracle 7.0 with nt

2. error in connecting to Oracle database running in an NT box from.NET Beta 2

3. Question about using Oracle Client to connect Oracle 9i DB (window version)?Thank you

4. Problem connecting to ORACLE via ADO - any help appreciated

5. problem while connecting oracle through MTS

6. Problem in ADO while connecting with Oracle

7. Simple question about connecting to Oracle DB

8. How to connect C language with Oracle?

9. Connecting to Oracle using C

10. Connect to Oracle using C

11. need help connecting to Oracle 8.1.5 from C

12. Connecting to a Oracle Database