How can I install a ODBC-programm?
Author Message
 How can I install a ODBC-programm?

Hi there,
I want to install a programm (VC++ 1.52, MFC 2.5) that uses ODBC.
I am using only the Access driver (2.0) to connect to my database.

Q: Does anyone know which files are needed to access the db?

Q: Has anyone a routine to install the ODBC-driver via the ODBCINST.DLL?

Q: Does anyone know a Installation-Tool, which manages that ?

Thanks on advance,

Andi

Please mail direct to:

Fri, 09 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I install a ODBC-programm?

Just a thought...

- Port your application to Win32 with Visual C++ 4.0 or 4.1.
- Use Win32s to make your application work on Windows 3.x.
- Use Exemplar Setup Toolkit (a Visual C++ 4.x add in which can
install and configure ODBC for Win32 and Win32s applications).

I only suggest this because it is the strategy that we used support
both Win16 and Win32 for a large (several hundred source files) MFC
application. As an added bonus, our app runs several times faster in
some configurations.

PJ

http://www.exemplarsoftware.com

Fri, 09 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I install a ODBC-programm?

FWIW, I hate it when people ask for a reply to be directly mailed
to them.  It means that the next guy who comes along has to ask
the same question, that we all have to read the question and don't
know if someone has replied or not, and finally,  the poor
people who answer the question have to do so over and over because
no-one ever sees their answers!

Are the people who ask for a direct email too lazy to even come
back and check for a reply, or what?  Why can't they do this?

Just wondering...

Fri, 09 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I install a ODBC-programm?

Quote:

>FWIW, I hate it when people ask for a reply to be directly mailed
>to them.  It means that the next guy who comes along has to ask
>the same question, that we all have to read the question and don't
>know if someone has replied or not, and finally,  the poor
>people who answer the question have to do so over and over because
>no-one ever sees their answers!

>Are the people who ask for a direct email too lazy to even come
>back and check for a reply, or what?  Why can't they do this?

>Just wondering...

To quote someone from a different newsgroup...

"Post it here, read it here"
Steven J. Ackerman
Consultant
ACS, Sarasota, FL

http://www.acscontrol.com

Mon, 12 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I install a ODBC-programm?

Quote:

>Hi there,
>I want to install a programm (VC++ 1.52, MFC 2.5) that uses ODBC.
>I am using only the Access driver (2.0) to connect to my database.

>Q: Does anyone know which files are needed to access the db?

>Q: Has anyone a routine to install the ODBC-driver via the ODBCINST.DLL?

>Q: Does anyone know a Installation-Tool, which manages that ?

>Thanks on advance,

>Andi

>Please mail direct to:

        I suggest that you examine the Exemplar Setup Toolkit. See their web site at

http://www.exemplarsoftware.com

        They have a demo version to download. Their tech support is outstanding.
P.J. Tezza at Exemplar has gone out of his way to help me evaluate their
toolkit. It provides the ODBC installation support that you're looking for.

Steven J. Ackerman
Consultant
ACS, Sarasota, FL

http://www.acscontrol.com

Tue, 13 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. How can I install a ODBC-programm?

2. Install programm

3. How to register ODBC-Source automatically in a VC-Programm

4. Running a programm from inside my c-programm ...

5. how to re-install ODBC?

6. ODBC Install API

7. Getting the versions of installed ODBC drivers

8. Using InstallShield to create a VC++/ODBC install package

9. InstallShield Free Edition and Installing ODBC

10. ODBC Version conflict after installing PEER Web Services on NT Workstation 4.0

11. ODBC Version conflict after installing PEER Web Services on NT Workstation 4.0

12. Using SQLInstallODBC to install the Microsoft access ODBC driver on WIN95