Distributing MDAC using Installer 2.0?
Author Message
 Distributing MDAC using Installer 2.0?

Hi,

I'm trying to distribute MDAC 2.5 with my application using Installer 2.0.

When the setup application is executed I want MDAC to be installed at the
same time so my database app can run properly.  I believe Installer 1.1 used
to have a merge module that dealt with MDAC, but I can't find this in
Installer 2.0.

Does anyone can any instructions or a reference for the best way to
distribute MDAC using Installer 2.0?

Thanks for your time,

Paul.

Sun, 24 Oct 2004 23:57:28 GMT
 Distributing MDAC using Installer 2.0?
Hi Paul,

Mdac.msm only checks MDAC 2.1. I don't think there is a later merge module
available. You may want to refer to the following Knowledge Base article to
install MDAC:

Q257604 FILE: Install DCOM and MDAC Through a Windows Installer Package
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q257/6/04.asp

Also, you may want to check InstallShield's website for their wrapper of
mdac_typ.exe information:

http://www.installshield.com/downloads/modules.asp?prod=wind&lan=engl...
Use=y

I hope helps.

Best Regards,
Leo Chen

--------------------

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vc.database
| Subject: Distributing MDAC using Installer 2.0?

| Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 16:57:28 +0100

| Hi,
|
| I'm trying to distribute MDAC 2.5 with my application using Installer 2.0.
|
| When the setup application is executed I want MDAC to be installed at the
| same time so my database app can run properly.  I believe Installer 1.1
used
| to have a merge module that dealt with MDAC, but I can't find this in
| Installer 2.0.
|
| Does anyone can any instructions or a reference for the best way to
| distribute MDAC using Installer 2.0?
|
| Thanks for your time,
|
| Paul.

Sun, 31 Oct 2004 15:07:44 GMT

1. Distributing MDAC using Installer 2.0?

2. MDAC 2.0 released!

3. Silent MDAC 2.0 redistribution

4. MDAC 2.0 : No way out!!

5. MFC's CRecordset & MDAC 2.0 problems

6. MDAC SDK 2.0 Install Fails

7. big issue between MDAC 2.6 and MDAC 2.5

8. big issue between MDAC 2.6 and MDAC 2.5

9. Anyone here using Visual Studio Installer ?

10. Using Installer variables in Setup and Deployment Project - registry editor

11. Distributed Transactions using the Microsoft ADO.NET Provider for Oracle

12. Distributing Applications using Access (Jet) Database