Write latency between processes
Author Message
 Write latency between processes

Hi,

I'm using ODBC and CRecordSet to connect to an Access database.

In running two different processes on the same machine, I see a latency
between an update in one program and the new data being available in
another. I know about PageTimeout but that's writing to disk.  If the
processes are on the same machine shouldn't the driver returned the changed
data or does it not work that way? I'm getting the data in about 1-2
seconds, so its definitely shorter that the 5 second page timeout.

Anyone have any comments on the latencey issue?

Brian

--
Brian Kowald

Mon, 29 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Database write latency

2. passing stdin to a forked process, after writing some info to the process

3. Latency; Bandwidth

4. Measuring connection latency

5. DaoRecordset and Update Latency

6. Windows Latency the Message queue and Peripheral Polling.

7. Keyboard, mouse and display latencies...

8. Windows latency

9. Serial latency while dragging window...UPDATE!!!

10. Serial latency while dragging window...

11. Control latency

12. Keyboard, mouse and display latencies...