newbie question re: getting started
Author Message
 newbie question re: getting started

This is probably covered in some FAQ somewhere; if so, please someone point
me in that direction.

I'm running Windows VT workstation 4 SP4 as my development machine, and I
don't have a second machine to run Windows NT server, but I want to start
developing with SQL Server.  I bought VC++ 6.0, Enterprise Edition, which
comes with SQL Server.  My question: can I run this on an NT workstation
(not server), or does it actually require an NT Server?

--Dave

Tue, 03 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 newbie question re: getting started
SQL Server runs just fine on NT workstation as does MTS. I'm using v5 and v6
should be no different.

Quote:

--
{*filter*} Warg - Software Developer at Gayle Mfg Co
Phone 530-662-0284

Tue, 03 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 newbie question re: getting started
    I have SQL Server 6.5 running fine in my NT Workstation machine.
    I had some problems when I tried to install it without a network card,
but thats not your case.
    Jacques
Quote:

>This is probably covered in some FAQ somewhere; if so, please someone point
>me in that direction.

>I'm running Windows VT workstation 4 SP4 as my development machine, and I
>don't have a second machine to run Windows NT server, but I want to start
>developing with SQL Server.  I bought VC++ 6.0, Enterprise Edition, which
>comes with SQL Server.  My question: can I run this on an NT workstation
>(not server), or does it actually require an NT Server?

>--Dave

Fri, 06 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. newbie question - gcc under linux, getting started

2. newbie getting started with edit controls that work in XP

3. newbie: getting started with controls

4. Newbie Needs Getting Started Lesson

5. @> 5 getting started questions

6. Getting started with threads question

7. Easy Question: Getting Started

8. quick question on getting started

9. Where to start question from .Net newbie

10. Standard method for getting string input ?(newbie question)

11. Newbie Question -- getting DOS window to stay

12. Horrible Newbie Question - Getting Numbers from Edit Controls