Access databases with VC++ 6.0
Author Message
 Access databases with VC++ 6.0

Hi all

I am new to VC++ and really need some help.

The biggest problem I have got , is that I am doing some coursework for
college, and have been tod *not* to use AppWizard nor ClassWizard etc;
all the code must be my own.

I have an Access database and am trying to manipulate the data through
ordinary dialog boxes derived from CDialog().

The operations I am trying to perform are:

- Data comparisons, i.e. search  the database for data entered through a
dialog box, e.g. passwords and User IDs.

- Add new data/records to the database - again through a dialog box

- Delete data/records - again through a dialog box.

- Finally retreive data for display purposes

Could someone be kind enough to point me in the right direction, some
code examples would be really helpful.

I have spent a small fortune on a mountain of books but they all seem to
use the Wizards which is very unhelpful.

Many Thanks - In advance

Gary Gurd.

Fri, 30 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Access databases with VC++ 6.0
Try going to msdn.microsoft.com.  They have plenty of examples and
documentation.

Quote:
> Hi all

> I am new to VC++ and really need some help.

> The biggest problem I have got , is that I am doing some coursework for
> college, and have been tod *not* to use AppWizard nor ClassWizard etc;
> all the code must be my own.

> I have an Access database and am trying to manipulate the data through
> ordinary dialog boxes derived from CDialog().

> The operations I am trying to perform are:

> - Data comparisons, i.e. search  the database for data entered through a
> dialog box, e.g. passwords and User IDs.

> - Add new data/records to the database - again through a dialog box

> - Delete data/records - again through a dialog box.

> - Finally retreive data for display purposes

> Could someone be kind enough to point me in the right direction, some
> code examples would be really helpful.

> I have spent a small fortune on a mountain of books but they all seem to
> use the Wizards which is very unhelpful.

> Many Thanks - In advance

> Gary Gurd.

Sat, 31 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Access databases with VC++ 6.0
www.codeguru.com

Quote:
> Hi all

> I am new to VC++ and really need some help.

> The biggest problem I have got , is that I am doing some coursework for
> college, and have been tod *not* to use AppWizard nor ClassWizard etc;
> all the code must be my own.

> I have an Access database and am trying to manipulate the data through
> ordinary dialog boxes derived from CDialog().

> The operations I am trying to perform are:

> - Data comparisons, i.e. search  the database for data entered through a
> dialog box, e.g. passwords and User IDs.

> - Add new data/records to the database - again through a dialog box

> - Delete data/records - again through a dialog box.

> - Finally retreive data for display purposes

> Could someone be kind enough to point me in the right direction, some
> code examples would be really helpful.

> I have spent a small fortune on a mountain of books but they all seem to
> use the Wizards which is very unhelpful.

> Many Thanks - In advance

> Gary Gurd.

Tue, 03 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Retrieving a bool from an Access Database in VC 6.0

2. Q: Compact Access database from VC++ 6.0 with ADO?

3. Accessing MS Access Databases in VC++

4. Compact a Access 2002 database with ADO vc++

5. Using Access Database in Visual C++ 6.0

6. How to access Custom Database Properties of a Access 97 database programmatically

7. VC 6.0 ODBC Database connection

8. databases in Standard edition of VC++ 6.0

9. Database question in VC++ 6.0

10. Access 2000 - VC ++ 6.0 - ODBC

11. Plateform: ACCESS 2000, ADOX, VC 6.0

12. VC++ 6.0 and Access