Stored Procedure performance vs C++ DLL
Author Message
 Stored Procedure performance vs C++ DLL

I'm trying to find out if anyone has seen any metrics on the
performance of a VC++ DLL vs a stored procedure in a computationally
intensive operation.

We've got a SQL 7 stored procedure that is over 3600 lines long.
The 'data gathering' portion of the operation takes less than 4
seconds. The data manipulation phase of the SP takes over 90 seconds.

I'm trying to get some data to justify the development of a VC++ DLL
that can take the gathered data and do the data manipulation - possibly
on a different server to spare the DB server from the load.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Kolby R. Kappes

AdOutlet.com - http://www.*-*-*.com/
'e-Solutions for the Media marketplace?'

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Tue, 04 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. VC++ 6.0 vs VC++.NET and IBM UDB Stored Procedures

2. Writing SQL stored procedures in VS.Net

3. Oracle/C++ stored procedure call

4. How to execute my stored procedure using visual C++

5. How to i get return values from a stored procedure in Visual C++

6. Visual C++ 5.0 Database Stored Procedure Problem

7. URGENT : Return bulk data from Stored Procedure to C++

8. URGENT : Bluk data from Stored Procedure to C++

9. URGENT : Bluk data from Stored Procedure to C++

10. C++ and parameter-returning stored procedures

11. Using stored procedure output vars in c++

12. Calling Stored Procedures Using ADO2.5 in Visual C++ 6