Problem with ADO recordsets of recordsets under MTS
Author Message
 Problem with ADO recordsets of recordsets under MTS

We are trying to perform ALL accesses to an Oracle8 database through
business objects (VC++/ATL) running under MTS on a Windows NT server 4.0
Service Pack 3, then passing data to client objects (VB) running under
Windows NT workstation 4.0 Service Pack 3.
Since we retrieve data from a normalized DB we need to extract records in
1:m relationships and then pass them back to clients so that we need
generate ADO hierarchical recordsets (i.e. recordsets of recordsets).
These recordsets seem to work fine outside MTS on a single machine, but we
cannot get them from under MTS on the same PC.

We suspect that marshalling is creating this problem somehow. Has anyone
experienced a similar problem and, hopefully, found a nice workaround ?

Thanks,

Antonio Caroselli
GATE T.I.

Wed, 18 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Speed of ADO Recordset vs ADO Command in VC

2. ADO.Stream and ADO.RecordSet

3. Problems getting values from ADO Recordset

4. Problem with IDL for COM server returning ADO disconnected Recordset

5. Returning ADO Recordset Problem

6. ADO Recordset Delete problem

7. Problem in UpdateBatch of ADO Recordset

8. Problem with ADO Recordset

9. Problem Converting ADO Recordset to XML

10. ADO Recordset problem

11. VC6 and ADO recordset problem

12. Ado RecordSet Problem