Problem with DB on restart, help!
Author Message
 Problem with DB on restart, help!

I am developing an app that we've set to start immediately on system login.
The problem is we set our machines to auto login, and when it reaches the
point in my app where I need to make a database connection, the call fails.
If we wait for a little while (some arbitrary pause value), it works.  So
I'm suspecting that some service that ADO or DAO depends on is not started
yet (something Jet needs?).  I'm willing to use the Service Control API to
wait on the service.  I was hoping one of you folks might know the
appropriate service I should wait on

--
Chris Gomez

Fri, 30 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Will restarting DB server trigger ADO disconnection event?

2. HELP. DAO: Synchronizing a replicated DB PROBLEM

3. ATL - OLE DB - HELP!!! - Problems with CArrayRowset operations

4. ATL - OLE DB - HELP!!! - Problems with CArrayRowset operations

5. Need Help with a couple of DB problems

6. OLE DB Problem...Help!!!

7. Windows service restart problem - path not found

8. NT Services Restart Problem

9. help for restart computer in c code

10. Screensaver keeps restarting app - HELP

11. OLE DB Close DB Connection w/MSSQL 6.5

12. Accessing both Access db and SQLServer db faster from VC++