Big Performance Hit When using CDatabase
Author Message
 Big Performance Hit When using CDatabase

Hi Everyone

I writing a simple logging tool that will store logs in an Oracle
database.

In the system I have multiple clients sending windows messages to
a single server process.  My intention is to have that server process
insert the records into my db.

I have been experiencing the following problem:
For my first tests I had one client pump out 100000 window messages
(WM_COPYDATA) to the server. It takes approx.  40000 milliseconds to
process the 10000 thousand messages. The server starts a thread for
each message.

I then added a call to CDatabase::OpenEx in my main thread (before my
windows message loop).   Thats all I do. I just open a connection to
the database. I haven't created any recordset objects yet.  I then
noticed that it now takes 80000-90000 milliseconds to process the
100000 messages.

Can anyone tell me why there is such a signifigant difference, and
can I do anything about it?

Thanks!

BTW, would OLE DB be better performance wise?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 29 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. performance using CDatabase/CRecordset

2. Try/Catch performance hit

3. Does ref impose performance hit?

4. CDatabase::OpenEx fails using CDatabase::noOdbcDialog

5. CDatabase & Big Query

6. CDatabase/CRecordset performance

7. CDatabase::OpenEX vs CDatabase::openExclusive option

8. Is passing CDatabase::m_hdbc between CDatabase instances OK?

9. Help - Memory Leak Using CDatabase

10. Assertion failure using CDatabase in a windowless ActiveX control

11. Help with insert using CDatabase::ExecuteSQL - Oracle

12. problem accessing ORACLE8 database using CDatabase