Database access in a Non MFC application
Author Message
 Database access in a Non MFC application

Hello all

I have been developing a Win32 Non MFC application that I
now what to attach to a database to store and query such
information as client details etc.  Does anyone know how I
should go about this.  I can find very little information
anywhere, and I am not sure whether I should use ADO, DAO
or somehow access the MFC API's without using MFC.  If
anyone has any suggestions or knows where I can find a
suitable tutorial / Example I would be very grateful.  I
have managed to build an application that uses #import
and then an ADODB connection, but I am unsure how I can
use this to query the database.  I can add rows / columns
information using Execute.... but what do I use to return
records from a query?

Is ADO the answer, and if so how do I return information
from a query?

Please help.... Any information would be gratefully
appreciated.

Jamie

Tue, 29 Nov 2005 17:39:41 GMT
 Database access in a Non MFC application
Jamie,

I think ADO is going to be the better choice ---

DAO has been deprecated.  If you want the MFC ODBC classes, you have to bring MFC support into your app.

Here are a couple of links that may get you stated -- check back here if you have problems.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/ado2...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnado/html/msdn_adorosest.asp

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/ado270/htm/mdaexamples_vc01.asp

regards
roy fine

Quote:

> Hello all

> I have been developing a Win32 Non MFC application that I
> now what to attach to a database to store and query such
> information as client details etc.  Does anyone know how I
> should go about this.  I can find very little information
> anywhere, and I am not sure whether I should use ADO, DAO
> or somehow access the MFC API's without using MFC.  If
> anyone has any suggestions or knows where I can find a
> suitable tutorial / Example I would be very grateful.  I
> have managed to build an application that uses #import
> and then an ADODB connection, but I am unsure how I can
> use this to query the database.  I can add rows / columns
> information using Execute.... but what do I use to return
> records from a query?

> Is ADO the answer, and if so how do I return information
> from a query?

> Please help.... Any information would be gratefully
> appreciated.

> Jamie

Tue, 29 Nov 2005 21:16:53 GMT

1. Database Access in NON MFC Application

2. Accessing MFC DLL from a non-MFC application

3. Accessing databases in non-MFC program

4. Adding MFC-code to a non MFC Application(WIN-application)

5. set_new_handler in non MFC library called from MFC application

6. Adding MFC support to my non-MFC application

7. CAsyncSocket in an MFC DLL used in a non-MFC Application

9. How can you access an MFC object from a Non-MFC Thread

10. Adding MFC to non-MFC Application

11. Non MFC modal dialogs in an MFC application - Dialog Message problem

12. Using a MFC DLL in a non-MFC application