Newbie
Author Message
 Newbie

Hi,
I'm trying to get to speed programming with DB-Library for
C and am having trouble Linking.

It can't find the following:
_dbexit
_dbnextrow
_dbbind
_dbresults
_dbsqlexec
_dbcmd
_dbopen
_dbsetlname
_dblogin
_dbinit
_dbmsghandle
_dberrhandle

I think they're referenced in headers I'm including in my
source code:

#define DBNTWIN32
#include <stdio.h>
#include <windows.h>
#include <sqlfront.h>
#include <sqldb.h>

I've pointed VC++ to the dir where the sql .h's are
located; changed my env. var to point there as well and
rebooted with no success.

I'm using:
7.00.839 == DB Library Version

Can anyone point me in the right direction?  I'm simply
trying to compile an example from Microsofts SQL Server 7
BOL;

Is it a library issue?

Thanks in advance,
Ben

Sun, 24 Oct 2004 00:25:52 GMT
 Newbie
Ben,

you need to install DB-Library client on your computer.

have a look at these links for more info.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dblibc/dbc_pdc02_0vmr.asp

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dblibc/dbc_pdc03_8xkh.asp

 http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dblibc/dbc_pdc00b_0unn.asp

i hope this helps.

best regards,
roy fine

Quote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to get to speed programming with DB-Library for
> C and am having trouble Linking.

> It can't find the following:
> _dbexit
> _dbnextrow
> _dbbind
> _dbresults
> _dbsqlexec
> _dbcmd
> _dbopen
> _dbsetlname
> _dblogin
> _dbinit
> _dbmsghandle
> _dberrhandle

> I think they're referenced in headers I'm including in my
> source code:

> #define DBNTWIN32
> #include <stdio.h>
> #include <windows.h>
> #include <sqlfront.h>
> #include <sqldb.h>

> I've pointed VC++ to the dir where the sql .h's are
> located; changed my env. var to point there as well and
> rebooted with no success.

> I'm using:
> 7.00.839 == DB Library Version

> Can anyone point me in the right direction?  I'm simply
> trying to compile an example from Microsofts SQL Server 7
> BOL;

> Is it a library issue?

> Thanks in advance,
> Ben

Sun, 24 Oct 2004 08:10:12 GMT

1. NEWBIE NEWBIE

2. NEWBIE help NEWBIE

3. NEWBIE NEWBIE

4. NEWBIE help NEWBIE

5. Help a Newbie at Visual C++ (I am not a newbie at C++)

6. Newbie OO questions

7. newbie: int->byte[]->int?

8. Newbie: int to string?

9. Newbie very puzzled - no cast required??

10. Newbie needs book recommendation

11. Newbie !

12. newbie: Class creation from a string