Masked Edit Control and Remote data control problem
Author Message
 Masked Edit Control and Remote data control problem

I have a form with two controls: A Masked Edit control and a Remote data
control. There is also an
"OK" button on the form

I type in data into the Masked Edit control and then click OK (the
program goes to CBlueWhiteFormView::OnSlipOk() function). The data that
I had typed into the masked edit control is fed into the database. But
then I get a dialog box with the message:"No open cursor or cursor
closed". Why do I get this error message? How do I get rid of this error
message?. I am using an ODBC connection to the database.

void CBlueWhiteFormView::OnSlipsOk()
{
 CMSMask* StudentIDBox = (CMSMask*) GetDlgItem(IDC_STUDENT_ID_BOX);
 CRdc* SlipRDC = (CRdc*) GetDlgItem(IDC_SLIP_RDC);
 ASSERT(StudentIDBox != NULL && SlipRDC != NULL);
 if (StudentIDBox != NULL && SlipRDC != NULL)
 {
  SlipRDC->SetDataSourceName(_T("security"));
  SlipRDC->SetCursorDriver(2);

StudentIDBox->BindDefaultProperty(0x16,VT_BSTR,_T("STUDENT_ID"),SlipRDC);

  strStudentID = StudentIDBox->GetText();
  strStudentID = _T("INSERT INTO SLIPTABLE (STUDENT_ID) VALUES ('") +
                 strStudentID + _T("')");

  SlipRDC->SetSql(strStudentID);
  SlipRDC->Refresh();
  //StudentIDBox->Refresh();
 }

Quote:
}

Sun, 02 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. HELP - ActiveX Masked Edit Control does NOT accept mask

2. Problem with MS Masked Edit ole control

3. Edit Control...Edit Control...Edit Control...Edit Control...Edit Control...

4. Dynamic bind a database with a remote data control and a grid control

5. Dynamic bind a database with an remote data control and an grid control

6. Remote Data Control/dbgrid control

7. Remote Data Control (RDC) problem

8. ADO: Which Edit Box control to use with ADO Data Control 6.0

9. remote data control(RDO)-accesing data in rdo

10. Masked Edit Control

11. MS Masked Edit Control Question

12. Alignment in Masked edit control