Can you use ADO smart wrappers without COM exceptions being thrown?
Author Message
 Can you use ADO smart wrappers without COM exceptions being thrown?

Is it possible to use the ADO smart wrapper classes without a COM exception
being thrown?

What I am after is a C++ nothrow version. I would assume that to get this
would take a sprecial version of #import.

But I do not think any such beast exists. I think my choices come down to

(i) raw interfaces where HRESULTs are returned (no _bstr_t)
(ii) smart interfaces where _com_error is thrown (and _bstr_t)

thanks

Stephen Howe

Fri, 26 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Smart Pointer throws exception

2. Using Smart Pointers or Interface Wrapper classes?

3. Exception thrown when opening ADO recordset

4. ADO Field Throws exception

5. Throwing com exceptions across process boundaries...

6. throwing exception from COM object's constructor

7. ATL COM DLL :: DllRegisterserver throw exception 0x80029c4a

8. throwing exception from COM and catching it in ASP

9. Throw exception from ATL COM for both VB and VC++ client

10. how to throw exceptions from a COM component?

11. throwing exception from COM object's constructor

12. Exceptions: Using throw() correctly