Access violations once OCBC/CRecordset added to console app
Author Message
 Access violations once OCBC/CRecordset added to console app

Using MSVC 4.2 on Windows 95.

I have an relatively simple console application framework
that works fine UNTIL I include a header and object file
which impliment a class derived from CRecordset (which in turn
includes the afxdb.h and associated headers)

After this is included and linked I get unhandled exceptions
indicating "Access Violations".

When my app framework classes are in a DLL, I get Access Violations
when my class attempts to access local variable named Ta when
there also exists a global variable named Ta. If I scope the references
to global (ie ::Ta); no violations (but I'm accessing the global
rather than the local Ta)

When my app framework classes are in a static lib, and linked with
the app, I get Access Violations when my class attempts to access
the global version ::Ta and no violations when I access the local
version.

I think there is something fundemental about using ODBC/MFC
classes in console apps and/or with third party libs that I am
missing.

Any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly
appreciated.

--------------------
Thank you
Randall J. Parr, Temp{*filter*}Arts,

608 831 2558 x146 (VOICE), 608 831 1159 (FAX)

Tue, 29 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Access Violation when creating a dialog in a C++ console app

2. Access Violation when calling CRecordset::Requery()

3. NTDLL.DLL Access Violation in CRecordset-derived class?

4. CRecordset Open Access violation

5. CRecordset - access violations

6. CRecordset access violation

7. CRecordset Access Violation

8. Access violation in CRecordset.Close()

9. Memory access violation using CRecordset and date/time fields

10. Access Violation when calling CRecordset::Requery()

11. MFC Console App / CRecordset CRASH

12. UPDATE MFC Console App / CRecordset CRASH