Opening a password protected MDB file using ADO
Author Message
 Opening a password protected MDB file using ADO

Hi,

I'm using ADO to write a database app and so far everything has been
hunky dory. Now that I want to distribute it, I want to password
protect the database file and hardcode the password into the app so
others can't go nosing round the database.

I've set up an ordinary database password, not user level security and
my connection string is as follows:

Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=mydb; pwd=mypw

but when this tries to open the connection I get the following error:

        Code = 80004005
        Code meaning = Unspecified error
        Source = Microsoft JET Database Engine
        Description = Could not find installable ISAM.

Any ideas?

Caroline
WarezBox UK - Custom Warez CDz

Website  : http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 11 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Opening a password protected MDB file using ADO
try using "Database Password=mypw" instead of pwd=

Quote:
>Hi,

>I'm using ADO to write a database app and so far everything has been
>hunky dory. Now that I want to distribute it, I want to password
>protect the database file and hardcode the password into the app so
>others can't go nosing round the database.

>I've set up an ordinary database password, not user level security and
>my connection string is as follows:

>Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=mydb; pwd=mypw

>but when this tries to open the connection I get the following error:

> Code = 80004005
> Code meaning = Unspecified error
> Source = Microsoft JET Database Engine
> Description = Could not find installable ISAM.

>Any ideas?

>Caroline
>WarezBox UK - Custom Warez CDz

>Website  : http://www.warezbox.freeuk.com

Mon, 11 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Opening a password protected MDB file using ADO
I already tried that but it gives me the same error.

On Thu, 26 Aug 1999 08:16:54 -0400, "Brian Martel"

Quote:
>try using "Database Password=mypw" instead of pwd=

>>Hi,

>>I'm using ADO to write a database app and so far everything has been
>>hunky dory. Now that I want to distribute it, I want to password
>>protect the database file and hardcode the password into the app so
>>others can't go nosing round the database.

>>I've set up an ordinary database password, not user level security and
>>my connection string is as follows:

>>Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=mydb; pwd=mypw

>>but when this tries to open the connection I get the following error:

>> Code = 80004005
>> Code meaning = Unspecified error
>> Source = Microsoft JET Database Engine
>> Description = Could not find installable ISAM.

>>Any ideas?

>>Caroline
>>=========================================
>>WarezBox UK - Custom Warez CDz

>>Website  : http://www.warezbox.freeuk.com
>>=========================================

WarezBox UK - Custom Warez CDz

Website  : http://www.warezbox.freeuk.com

Mon, 11 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to access Password protected .MDB file

2. DAO - Password protected .MDB file access

3. Using CDaoDatabase to Open a Password Protected Access DB

4. Compacting A password protected mdb

5. A problem about open .mdb file by ADO without DNS

6. Open a password-protected Access database

7. Open a password protected DataBase

8. open a password-protected-sql-database

9. open password protected DAO Database

10. Open a password protected Database

11. CDaoDatabase::Open() will not open mdb file

12. open a connection to myDB.mdb through ADO