Printing Access reports via VC++ programming
Author Message
 Printing Access reports via VC++ programming

Hi

I have made a report in MsAccess, and I need to access it using VC++.
How do I do this?

If this is not possible, is there another easy way of doing this (other
than manually keying in the code for printing a report)?

Regards,

Michelle Stone

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Thu, 27 Feb 2003 14:55:48 GMT
 Printing Access reports via VC++ programming

You can start MS Access from your application and provide arguments
via the /cmd command line option. These arguments can be retrieved via
the Command function in a VB module inside MS Access. You can use the
/x command line option to run a macro once access is started with the
correct database. The RunCode macro can be used to call a VB
procedure.

Regards,
Nils

Quote:

>Hi

>I have made a report in MsAccess, and I need to access it using VC++.
>How do I do this?

>If this is not possible, is there another easy way of doing this (other
>than manually keying in the code for printing a report)?

>Regards,

>Michelle Stone

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

Fri, 28 Feb 2003 16:25:44 GMT
 Printing Access reports via VC++ programming
Thanks for your message. I was waiting for someone to reply.

What you said applies only when the concerned user has MS Access
installed on his computer. Isn't there a way we can access MSACCESS
reports straight from VC++ (rather than open MSAccess first) like we
can access MSACCESS tables directly (using recordsets) from VC++.

In my case, it is not practical for my user to purchase copies of
MSAccess just to use my database program.

I had to put a halt to my work because I got stuck at this problem.
Therefore a quick reply will very much be appreciated.

Quote:

> You can start MS Access from your application and provide arguments
> via the /cmd command line option. These arguments can be retrieved via
> the Command function in a VB module inside MS Access. You can use the
> /x command line option to run a macro once access is started with the
> correct database. The RunCode macro can be used to call a VB
> procedure.

> Regards,
> Nils

> >Hi

> >I have made a report in MsAccess, and I need to access it using VC++.
> >How do I do this?

> >If this is not possible, is there another easy way of doing this
(other
> >than manually keying in the code for printing a report)?

> >Regards,

> >Michelle Stone

> >Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> >Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 28 Feb 2003 22:09:57 GMT
 Printing Access reports via VC++ programming
Check MDAC (Microsoft Data Access Components) in MSDN.  There are all
sorts of ways to use VC++ to get information from an Access data file.
I'd recommend using ADO with the default ODBC provider (MSDASQL).  I
posted a sample console application to this newsgroup using ADO with the
SQLOLEDB provider for SQL server.  You would only have to change a
handful of lines to make it work with Access.  /Martin
Quote:
Posted At: Monday, September 11, 2000 10:10 AM
Posted To: database
Conversation: Printing Access reports via VC++ programming
Subject: Re: Printing Access reports via VC++ programming

Thanks for your message. I was waiting for someone to reply.

What you said applies only when the concerned user has MS Access
installed on his computer. Isn't there a way we can access MSACCESS
reports straight from VC++ (rather than open MSAccess first) like we
can access MSACCESS tables directly (using recordsets) from VC++.

In my case, it is not practical for my user to purchase copies of
MSAccess just to use my database program.

I had to put a halt to my work because I got stuck at this problem.
Therefore a quick reply will very much be appreciated.

> You can start MS Access from your application and provide arguments
> via the /cmd command line option. These arguments can be retrieved via
> the Command function in a VB module inside MS Access. You can use the
> /x command line option to run a macro once access is started with the
> correct database. The RunCode macro can be used to call a VB
> procedure.

> Regards,
> Nils

> >Hi

> >I have made a report in MsAccess, and I need to access it using VC++.
> >How do I do this?

> >If this is not possible, is there another easy way of doing this
(other
> >than manually keying in the code for printing a report)?

> >Regards,

> >Michelle Stone

> >Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> >Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 28 Feb 2003 23:57:44 GMT
 Printing Access reports via VC++ programming

I don't know of any component that does this. Microsoft has a
component that can be downloaded called SNPVW80.EXE but I think you
can only use it to print reports that have been generated using MS
Access, which means that the user cannot change the content of the
report.

There are a lot of third party products that can be used to create
reports and print data from a ODBC data source. Crystal Reports is one
of them.

I also found a tool for printing MS Access reports at :
http://www.hallogram.com/videosoft/vsreports/
It's made for Visual Basic but you should be able to use the ActiveX
component in a VC++ application.

Cheers,
Nils

Quote:

>Thanks for your message. I was waiting for someone to reply.

>What you said applies only when the concerned user has MS Access
>installed on his computer. Isn't there a way we can access MSACCESS
>reports straight from VC++ (rather than open MSAccess first) like we
>can access MSACCESS tables directly (using recordsets) from VC++.

>In my case, it is not practical for my user to purchase copies of
>MSAccess just to use my database program.

>I had to put a halt to my work because I got stuck at this problem.
>Therefore a quick reply will very much be appreciated.

>> You can start MS Access from your application and provide arguments
>> via the /cmd command line option. These arguments can be retrieved via
>> the Command function in a VB module inside MS Access. You can use the
>> /x command line option to run a macro once access is started with the
>> correct database. The RunCode macro can be used to call a VB
>> procedure.

>> Regards,
>> Nils

>> >Hi

>> >I have made a report in MsAccess, and I need to access it using VC++.
>> >How do I do this?

>> >If this is not possible, is there another easy way of doing this
>(other
>> >than manually keying in the code for printing a report)?

>> >Regards,

>> >Michelle Stone

>> >Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>> >Before you buy.

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

Sat, 01 Mar 2003 16:33:26 GMT
 Printing Access reports via VC++ programming

Quote:
> There are a lot of third party products that can be used to create
> reports and print data from a ODBC data source. Crystal Reports is one
> of them.

I use Crystal Reports for all reporting that should be integrated
into VC++ apps, because:
- you can ship all the dlls needed royalty-free with your app.
- you get additional functionality for exporting report data
  into several formats (excel, html...)
- you can integrate the report into the View or any window.
- reporting itself is much more powerful compared to Access.

Dirk

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 01 Mar 2003 18:50:27 GMT
 Printing Access reports via VC++ programming

See the article 'CAccessReports - Class for Printing and Viewing MS
Access Reports ' on www.codeguru.com for a more elegant method using
Access automation in VC++ 5 and higher.

You still need MS Access installed though.

Regards,
Nils

Quote:

>You can start MS Access from your application and provide arguments
>via the /cmd command line option. These arguments can be retrieved via
>the Command function in a VB module inside MS Access. You can use the
>/x command line option to run a macro once access is started with the
>correct database. The RunCode macro can be used to call a VB
>procedure.

>Regards,
>Nils

>>Hi

>>I have made a report in MsAccess, and I need to access it using VC++.
>>How do I do this?

>>If this is not possible, is there another easy way of doing this (other
>>than manually keying in the code for printing a report)?

>>Regards,

>>Michelle Stone

>>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>>Before you buy.

Sun, 02 Mar 2003 16:09:01 GMT

1. Printing Access reports via VC++ programming

2. Printing MS Access report from MFC program

3. Printing Access reports using VC++

4. Using VC++ 6.0 as an automation client to view and print reports from MS Access 97

5. Printing Access reports using VC++

6. Access Reports via c++

7. accessing outlook from vc (via access mdb file)

8. Accessing an Ms Access 2000 Query using VC++, via ODBC

9. how to open ms access 2000 mdb via vc++ and dao

10. lauching a dos program via vc++

11. Print Access database report from C++ app?

12. MS Access Reports, Printing and Viewing